Beer!

Beer, bottle or can?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+jnelsoninjax

Assuming that you drink beer, what is your preferred vessel for drinking it? I am not asking about when you go to a bar/tavern, but when you are home. For me, I prefer bottle, but lately have been getting cans, simply do to the fact that they are easier to put into the refrigerator.

+Dick Montage

So my preference is:

1) Bottle

2) Can

3) Draught

Unfortunately, my favourite beer is only available in cans (AFAIK)

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
+warwagon

I like to switch between unique brands and flavors i've never heard of and most of them come in bottles.

+E.Worm Jimmy

Ok - I do enjoy the bottle more then can but I think the taste is due to the vessel - Pour it in the glass and I doubt you can tell unless you are one of the taste sensitive few - but even somaliers were proved to be bullcrap as the impression of taste is affected by what else they had, their emotional state and other factors.

I honestly don't even like beer no more. If I want alcohol I will take a shot. If not I would rather sip on kombucha at the party ( damn - Covid really killed parties )

+E.Worm Jimmy

Though some sessionable IPAs I found enjoyable - at 4% and full flavour.

Those I can only get in cans. And I can have a lot without getting drunk - perfect in summer to chill out by the BBQ.

ThaCrip

There is no way in hell a 'keg' tastes better than bottle/can as you can tell kegs have a messed up taste to them to where it does not even really taste like the beer it's supposed to be. I don't see how anyone would prefer a keg over a can/bottle in terms of taste which is the whole point in drinking if you ask me as those who drink to get wasted I never understood that mindset as I don't mind a mild, maybe occasionally a moderate, buzz but after a certain point ill just back off as I don't like the feeling.

In terms of taste(which is pretty much the only reason I drink in the first place even though I don't mind the mild-moderate buzz here and there)), it's pretty clear cut (although some beers there ain't as much of a difference as others are)...

1)Bottle (for example... Modelo/Corona etc taste much better in a bottle than a can as the bottle versions are some of the better stuff I have had but the can, while drinkable, loses it's higher appeal for me to where I could easily go with something else instead)

2)Can (while bottles are generally better, or the safer choice on an average, some beers I think are not as obvious between a bottle/can and I can easily drink from the can. like say Miller Lite I don't mind drinking from a can as it still tastes good and since it's cheaper if I am drinking Miller Lite I tend to opt for cans even though I still do like the bottles to)

3)Keg (this is just crap in terms of taste as it's unquestionably the worst as bottle/can is ALWAYS superior. but thankfully you only see these at weddings (or the like) as I generally avoid them as the beer it serves tastes very little to nothing like it does in a can/bottle. so while I have drank it here and there(as it's not a total loss to the point I refuse to drink it, it's hands down the worst tasting since it does not really represent the true taste of whatever brand it's supposed to be) I would flat out avoid it if a bottle/can was available. but it's obvious why people buy these since it's a cheap way to get a higher volume of beer but it's only good when you need to save $ when quite a few people are drinking beer.)

with that said... most of the time I drink beer from a can even though, depending on which beer it is, ill get a bottle. but cans tend to be cheaper so I usually stick with those as a general guideline short of a small amount of beers which are much better in a bottle.

p.s. I can't believe three people so far actually voted for a 'keg' in terms of TASTE?!?!. ; because the only thing going for a keg is $. but personally unless one has a huge party, one is best off sticking to cans since it offers a good compromise between taste/price in general even though some brands I would clearly favor in a bottle.

Edited by ThaCrip
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By goretsky
      Hello, 

This is the 2021 poll for best free anti-virus (aka anti-malware aka internet security aka endpoint security) security software.  

The poll for paid products is located here.  The poll for 2020's best free antivirus is located here. 

If your choice is not listed, please choose "other" and reply below with its name. 

This year the poll is multiple choice, so that you can select two (or more) choices.  If you do choose multiple options, please leave a comment with the ones you chose and why.  

Regards, 

Aryeh Goretsky 
    • By goretsky
      Hello, 

This is the 2021 poll for best paid anti-virus (aka anti-malware aka internet security aka endpoint security) security software. 

The poll for free products is located here.  The poll for 2020's best paid antivirus is located here.

If your choice is not listed, please choose "other" and reply below with its name. 

This year the poll is multiple choice, so that you can select two (or more) choices.  If you do choose multiple options, please leave a comment with the ones you chose and why.  

Regards, 

Aryeh Goretsky 
    • By goretsky
      Hello,

This is the Definitive Best Back-up Software 2021 official thread and covers free and commercial backup software, as well as those built into or bundled with operating systems.  Use this as a starting point for researching back-up software.

The 2020 thread can be found here.

If your choice of a back-up solution is not listed, please choose the appropriate Other option(s) and specify in the comments.  The poll is multiple choice, so if you use more than one solution, you can check all of them, be sure to mention which ones you use in the comments. 

Regards, 

Aryeh Goretsky
    • By Usama Jawad96
      Poll: What is your favorite gaming console of all time?
      by Usama Jawad

Original image via Guinness Times have changed a lot since the first video game console called "Odyssey" came out in 1972, with numerous companies realizing the potential of gaming and the number of money people are willing to spend on it. Over the past 50 years, companies such as Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Sony, and Microsoft, among others, have all entered the fray, each with their own offerings and vision for what gaming should be like.

The nature of gaming has evolved, and we usually expect close to photorealistic graphics for AAA games on current-gen home consoles as well as generally fun gameplay mechanics on portable consoles such as the Nintendo Switch now. With the next generation of consoles just around the corner, we would like to know: which console would you pick as your favorite for all time?

It doesn't need to be a console that you've owned, just a console that you enjoyed gaming the most on. For example, I personally loved the Game Boy Advance SP even though I never owned it as my parents could not afford to spend too much money on gaming at the time. I used to spend hours playing Pokémon on my friend's console, and it's the gaming console that left a lasting impression on me.

Which console has left an impact on you so much that you consider it your favorite gaming console? We've attached a poll below to know your opinion, but needless to say, it isn't an exhaustive list (our polls are limited to 10 options), just the list of some of the most popular consoles so far. If your favorite one is not mentioned in the list, please select "Other" and let us know your choice in the comments section below.

• By eRajesh
      Google Meet gaining Q&A and polls features next week
      by Rajesh Pandey

From next week, Google will roll out two new features in Google Meet: polls and Q&A. The latter will allow meeting participants to ask questions during an ongoing meeting or presentation without disturbing its flow. This feature could also be particularly useful for students as they can ask their questions during an ongoing class without interrupting the teacher.

As for polls, it will allow meeting hosts to get required feedback from their audience and decide on future topics and overall offer a more engaging meeting experience. Moderators will also be able to set up multiple poll questions and launch the poll during a video call as they deem fit. After a poll is closed, the meeting hosts will receive a report of the results, with moderators also having an option to share the results of the poll with the participants in a bar chart format. An email containing the poll data in Google Sheets will also be automatically mailed to moderators.

Google will roll out polls and Q&A feature in Google Meet starting October 8 for end-users and the rollout is expected to be completed in 15 days. It will be available for G Suite Essentials, Business, Enterprise, Enterprise for Education customers, with G Suite Basic, Education, and nonprofits customers missing out on it.