Notifications


 Share

Recommended Posts

I just remembered to ask this when I did it again.

 

You know the pop-up that tells you that someone quoted or reacted or PM'd you?

 

In another site (advertise reasons) that runs the same version as you, if you click the pop-up, it erases the notification on top by your name.

 

If I click the pop-up in HERE, I still see a notification on top... There a reason you don't have that "enabled" here?

 

This some setting, or...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Guess no one knows... or cares...

Weekends are never great for flagging stuff unless you tag someone. 

 

I'll raise it and see what we can find. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

Weekends are never great for flagging stuff unless you tag someone. 

 

I'll raise it and see what we can find. 

Raise the titanic? 😛 

 

Not sure why this happens, I can dig around the settings but I don't know.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Raise the titanic? 😛 

 

Not sure why this happens, I can dig around the settings but I don't know.

Yeah, I thought that was standard, until I saw on a different site that it removes your notification on top after you clicked the pop-up window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, I thought that was standard, until I saw on a different site that it removes your notification on top after you clicked the pop-up window.

Well let me tell you sir.. I have the problem that when someone replies and I click it (in the same page I am still in), the new post appears, but the POPUP NOTIFICATION KEEPS COMING BACK AND WON'T GO AWAY!  :(  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Well let me tell you sir.. I have the problem that when someone replies and I click it (in the same page I am still in), the new post appears, but the POPUP NOTIFICATION KEEPS COMING BACK AND WON'T GO AWAY!  :(  

This a job for the devolpers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I blame a culmination of things. IPB doesn't have the greatest upgrade process and tends to break things and leave qwirks behind with every upgrade. We also have DOZENS of mods/custom code that we have to account for.

 

@DaveLegg is focused on completing the new comment system for the main page right now so he can probably look into this issue it just won't be right away :)

 

19 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Well let me tell you sir.. I have the problem that when someone replies and I click it (in the same page I am still in), the new post appears, but the POPUP NOTIFICATION KEEPS COMING BACK AND WON'T GO AWAY!  :(  

I still have no idea what causes that for you as that one seems to just effect you :D the popup works as expected for me and goes away when I click it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brandon H said:

I blame a culmination of things. IPB doesn't have the greatest upgrade process and tends to break things and leave qwirks behind with every upgrade. We also have DOZENS of mods/custom code that we have to account for.

 

@DaveLegg is focused on completing the new comment system for the main page right now so he can probably look into this issue it just won't be right away :)

 

I still have no idea what causes that for you as that one seems to just effect you :D the popup works as expected for me and goes away when I click it.

I know web software updates break previous add-ons. I used to do HTML/CSS work back in the ooooold days.

 

This could have been broken on previous versions, but it was never looked at or mentioned. 😯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you viewing the notifications list from the news side? That's separate software, and I think this is a known issue with looking at the notification list there. If you're viewing it from within the forums, and it's not clearing it, then that's a new bug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

Are you viewing the notifications list from the news side? That's separate software, and I think this is a known issue with looking at the notification list there. If you're viewing it from within the forums, and it's not clearing it, then that's a new bug

That's in forums, not in news side...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.