Got the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine

9 minutes ago, Barney T. said:

Hi All,

Just a PSA, As a front line health care worker, I received the 1st of two COVID vaccines last Wednesday. I wanted to get it due to my age and exposure to COVID-19 patients on a daily basis. I must say that despite a sore arm and one day of some malaise, I feel fine. Going back for #2 dose during the first week of January. I am extremely grateful for the many scientists, researchers, and volunteers who did the research on this vaccine. I am blessed to be one of the first to get it and encourage others to do the same. Yes, there were two (so far) who had reactions, but this is expected in a huge population getting the vaccine. There will be a few who don't tolerate it. 

Please consider getting whatever vaccine is offered to you. COVID-19 is no joke and the residual effects are horrid.  Best always to all of my fellow Neowinians this holiday season!

Posted by my coworker:

"

Seriously folks, COVID is legit and it is killing our loved ones every day. I’m genuinely so grateful to have had the opportunity to receive this vaccine, and I am so grateful that after 10 LONG months we finally have a measure of protection.

Thank you

Pfizer

scientists for developing this vaccine. I don’t think anyone can fully appreciate the emotions that my fellow healthcare workers and I feel to finally be protected. To be valued. To be loved.

After 10 months of caring for these patients like they were our families, WE are finally being taken care of.

Until you stand by a patient’s bed sobbing as they die alone, you don’t get to criticize. Until you stand by dozens or hundreds of these rooms, you will never comprehend the pain we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. As we approach this holiday season, I am pleading with you to find some compassion in our heart for your fellow humans. Healthcare workers are beyond exhausted. Please don’t make us carry the weight of even more people dying."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Barney T. said:

Hi All,

Just a PSA, As a front line health care worker, I received the 1st of two COVID vaccines last Wednesday. I wanted to get it due to my age and exposure to COVID-19 patients on a daily basis. I must say that despite a sore arm and one day of some malaise, I feel fine. Going back for #2 dose during the first week of January. I am extremely grateful for the many scientists, researchers, and volunteers who did the research on this vaccine. I am blessed to be one of the first to get it and encourage others to do the same. Yes, there were two (so far) who had reactions, but this is expected in a huge population getting the vaccine. There will be a few who don't tolerate it. 

Please consider getting whatever vaccine is offered to you. COVID-19 is no joke and the residual effects are horrid.  Best always to all of my fellow Neowinians this holiday season!

A lot of skeptics and conspiracy theorists out there who don't believe in the vaccine Barney so it would be awesome if you can keep us updated on its effects on you during the next few weeks.

Thanks.

I am of the mindset if one is reasonably healthy, and not too old, their body almost certainly will fight it off naturally without much issue. so why put something foreign into ones body (it's simply a matter of trust and I won't take the risk with the vaccine when the virus it's supposed to protect against only has a very small chance to kill the common person). I won't be surprised if there's a greater risk from the vaccine than from the virus itself for the common person.

there is A LOT of non-stop fearmongering for this virus from the corrupt leftist media when in reality ones chances of dying from it if they are not old and reasonably healthy is extremely low (even if you are on the old side, it's not a death sentence as the odds are still good for you, just not as good as someone a bit younger) but they will never tell people this as they want to use fear from this virus to control people with masks non-stop etc. but a lot of us see through their BS and are not playing their games. ever notice how it's always the left trying to control people locking down the country when shutting down the economy is far worse for most people than the overrated virus itself. sure, ill admit the virus is bad but only if you happen to be one of a very limited amount of people who react badly to it. the percentages are greatly in the common persons favor to not worry. if there was like say something in the ball park of a 20% death rate, it might be a different story then as taking a chance on the vaccine etc might be worth it. but as is, the virus is massively overblown.

it's simply a matter of trust and in this regard I am not exactly putting a lot of trust in big pharma as they generally put $ ahead of ones health as you can see by the standards of drugs advertised on TV declining as you see a fair amount advertise stuff and not long after there are those lawyer commercials suing for damages etc. plus, a good percentage of the stuff they advertise on TV, the side effects are worse than the problem it's trying to fix etc. this just further proves my point that big pharma puts $ ahead of a genuine concern for peoples health. basically they can be good at saving ones life in a emergency, but for the more casual thing I would not be too trusting of them as I am of the mindset the less prescription drugs one is on the better for ones overall health in the long term. but I realize some people ain't got much choice, but short of the high priority cases where it's really needed, the less the better.

I suspect the typical leftist around here will probably try to claim I am a "conspiracy theorist" etc, but you got to admit at least some of way I say is not a stretch for me to claim it.

p.s. no offense to the OP.

19 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

I am of the mindset if one is reasonably healthy, and not too old, their body almost certainly will fight it off naturally without much issue. so why put something foreign into ones body (it's simply a matter of trust and I won't take the risk with the vaccine when the virus it's supposed to protect against only has a very small chance to kill the common person). I won't be surprised if there's a greater risk from the vaccine than from the virus itself for the common person.

there is A LOT of non-stop fearmongering for this virus from the corrupt leftist media when in reality ones chances of dying from it if they are not old and reasonably healthy is extremely low (even if you are on the old side, it's not a death sentence as the odds are still good for you, just not as good as someone a bit younger) but they will never tell people this as they want to use fear from this virus to control people with masks non-stop etc. but a lot of us see through their BS and are not playing their games. ever notice how it's always the left trying to control people locking down the country when shutting down the economy is far worse for most people than the overrated virus itself. sure, ill admit the virus is bad but only if you happen to be one of a very limited amount of people who react badly to it. the percentages are greatly in the common persons favor to not worry. if there was like say something in the ball park of a 20% death rate, it might be a different story then as taking a chance on the vaccine etc might be worth it. but as is, the virus is massively overblown.

it's simply a matter of trust and in this regard I am not exactly putting a lot of trust in big pharma as they generally put $ ahead of ones health as you can see by the standards of drugs advertised on TV declining as you see a fair amount advertise stuff and not long after there are those lawyer commercials suing for damages etc. plus, a good percentage of the stuff they advertise on TV, the side effects are worse than the problem it's trying to fix etc. this just further proves my point that big pharma puts $ ahead of a genuine concern for peoples health. basically they can be good at saving ones life in a emergency, but for the more casual thing I would not be too trusting of them as I am of the mindset the less prescription drugs one is on the better for ones overall health in the long term. but I realize some people ain't got much choice, but short of the high priority cases where it's really needed, the less the better.

I suspect the typical leftist around here will probably try to claim I am a "conspiracy theorist" etc, but you got to admit at least some of way I say is not a stretch for me to claim it.

This is so wrong, it's a headache to go through...

there is A LOT of non-stop fearmongering for this virus from the corrupt leftist media when in reality ones chances of dying from it if they are not old and reasonably healthy is extremely low (even if you are on the old side, it's not a death sentence as the odds are still good for you, just not as good as someone a bit younger)

It might not kill you. You might just have to live with brain, lung and heart damage for the rest of your life. Coolio, dodged a bullet there(!)

they will never tell people this as they want to use fear from this virus to control people with masks non-stop etc.

I laugh at how wearing a mask is being controlled.

ill admit the virus is bad but only if you happen to be one of a very limited amount of people who react badly to it.

Good point. It's like a fire, it's only bad for you if you're flammable...

it's simply a matter of trust and in this regard I am not exactly putting a lot of trust in big pharma as they generally put $ ahead of ones health

While there is no avoiding the fact that in the US they are extorting people, you just need to look at reasonable health industries in other countries to realise that this vaccine is for the good of the population, not a money-grabbing scheme. You can blame the US industry for high prices, but not for offering a life-saving drug.

If you have a chance, get vaccinated. There's just no two ways about it.

35 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

Potentially, but the big problem isn't the people with mild cases that make a full recovery with ease, or even asymptomatic cases - the problem is that those people can and are still spreading it and infecting people who are vulnerable to it.  I'll get the vaccine when it's available to me, not because I'm so concerned with protecting myself, but because I want to help protect others.

43 minutes ago, ThaCrip said:

No offense at all. Everyone has to decide for themselves. I would stress that I've seen the ravages of this disease and have zipped up my share of body bags. It's no disease to take lightly. No politics, no fictitious info. Just facts.

My wife got her first dose yesterday as she is front line.  She said she felt flush for a few minutes but it went away and was able to drive home safely.  This morning she says her arm is sore but otherwise feeling normal. Co-signing the comments of the OP and thank you for what you do.

• Like 7

Thank you for sharing this, Barney. I'm extremely glad vaccines are starting to become available and I'm looking forward to things getting better, so keep us posted on how things go. I'm (thankfully) in a low-risk group so it might be some time before I get my chance, but I hope the people who need it the most get it ASAP. Best of luck to you and thank you for your work!

indospot - even though you may be low-risk NOW, will you stay there?  (I got whacked with cancer - three different sorts - over the past three years - and I was at low risk for ANY of them.  If I was at risk for ANY cancer - it would have been LUNG cancer (former smoker) - that is merely what cancer taught me.)  Covid-19 is - if anything - nastier than cancer.  The risk is NOT worth it, folks.

25 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

indospot - even though you may be low-risk NOW, will you stay there?  (I got whacked with cancer - three different sorts - over the past three years - and I was at low risk for ANY of them.  If I was at risk for ANY cancer - it would have been LUNG cancer (former smoker) - that is merely what cancer taught me.)  Covid-19 is - if anything - nastier than cancer.  The risk is NOT worth it, folks.

Oh I'm not trying to say I don't want it, it's just that here in Portugal we'll be focusing on piority groups until April, at least. I'd get the vaccine right now if I could.

58 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Yep, know all about cancer and it's effect after having survived 1 bout with it myself. I consider myself slightly high risk due to age and COPD, although fairly healthy for the most part. I know I won't be able to get shot anytime soon but will definitely do what I can to avoid getting infected in the first place and will get shots when it's my turn. Heck, by then, there will have been millions that have already received it so you'll know if it's safe or not!

At OP, please do keep us updated on your status since receiving shot.

8 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

A lot of skeptics and conspiracy theorists out there who don't believe in the vaccine Barney so it would be awesome if you can keep us updated on its effects on you during the next few weeks.

Thanks.

Too late. The vaccines nano-probes have already assimilated into the deep state collective and programmed his responses for future updates. Not to mention he'll now be infertile and die too young. 

My gf will be getting it towards the end of December. She works at a nursing home and she already signed up for it. First thing I'm going to do after I get it and after the allotted time period to become immune, is to go back to the "It's $5 store!" .. although now it's "retail rebel" and everything is now $10" :(

12 hours ago, ThaCrip said:

"there is A LOT of non-stop fearmongering for this virus from the corrupt leftist media when in reality ones chances of dying from it if they are not old and reasonably healthy is extremely low"

This is the problem with you peeps living in your ivory tower.  You eventually have to come out and be amongst the rest of us. My question to you is, what if you happen to contract Covid and shed it to others who happen to be in that risk group?  They could end up by your own actions like Christ Christie or worse Hermann Caine  My point is, you don't leave your comrades on the battlefield when the enemy is staring them down.  At least I would not.

What would you do if you saw a baby stroller in the street with a bus barreling towards it? Would you try to save the kid or whip out your cell phone and press record?  I know, you'd press record because not everyone hit by a bus dies and the bus driver just might miss.  smh.  I am keenly aware you have a "mindset" and my comment isn't to challenge that but to scream at the top of my lungs that with Covid, this isn't about you. Its about others.  Because of trumpers and people that think like you, we are clocking 300,000 plus dead so far and and estimated two  and a half million families who have to learn to move on from a loss of their loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jazmac said:

This is the problem with you peeps living in your ivory tower.  You eventually have to come out and be amongst the rest of us. My question to you is, what if you happen to contract Covid and shed it to others who happen to be in that risk group?  They could end up by your own actions like Christ Christie or worse Hermann Caine  My point is, you don't leave your comrades on the battlefield when the enemy is staring them down.  At least I would not.

What would you do if you saw a baby stroller in the street with a bus barreling towards it? Would you try to save the kid or whip out your cell phone and press record?  I know, you'd press record because not everyone hit by a bus dies and the bus driver just might miss.  smh.  I am keenly aware you have a "mindset" and my comment isn't to challenge that but to scream at the top of my lungs that with Covid, this isn't about you. Its about others.  Because of trumpers and people that think like you, we are clocking 300,000 plus dead so far and and estimated two  and a half million families who have to learn to move on from a loss of their loved ones.

Not sure what point you are trying to make. The biggest issue with this pandemic is that it has become political. I have no idea why, well I do.. It's a very real virus and can have some nasty affects on people if they aren't careful or worse, they get it and have a lot of pre-existing conditions. I'm pretty sure any sane minded person ( L or R) would save the baby. The issue is, America has become very far left vs very far right, and the noise they are making is overtaking the real issues. The politicians (not just ELECT BUT PAY) WE PAY need to step up and make actual change. WE THE PEOPLE. WE THE PEOPLE. WE PAY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How has this gotten lost????????????

• Like 1

PEOPLE:

The way I see it is simple:

1. If you don't take the vaccine and you get infected, you have a 50/50 chance that it will either damage/kill you/leave you without breath.

2. If you take the vaccine, there is a 50/50 chance that you will have a nasty reaction to it, but you won't die from it.

Either option is risky, and no matter which one you choose, we seem to be screwed anyways, so think about this for a minute:

Would you rather get a nasty reaction that will give you temporary pain and/or/maybe a slight fever OR would you rather get sick with fever and end up in a breathing tube with permanent lung damage?

Pick your poison. I choose the reaction.

On 18/12/2020 at 19:36, Jazmac said:

Blaming this on Trump supporters is extremely ignorant and laughable...

On 18/12/2020 at 05:41, Barney T. said:

Hi All,

@Barney T. Since the start of this horrible event, how many patients have you personally seen die as a direct result of the virus? I am really curious because everything that I hear/read from the media seems (to me at least) very biased/embellished. Also, once you get the vaccine, are you 'immune' from COVID-19, or are you simply more protected?

48 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Blaming this on Trump supporters is extremely ignorant and laughable...

Ok, so then laugh. Its what trumpers do and not at all unexpected.

32 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Ok, so then laugh. Its what trumpers do and not at all unexpected.

Clearly you let the media do your thinking...  Facts matter, but clearly you're not the type that cares about those...  Thanks for showing us your judgmental and delusional mindset.