Got the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine

9 minutes ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Clearly you let the media do your thinking...  Facts matter, but clearly you're not the type that cares about those...  Thanks for showing us your judgmental and delusional mindset. 

May I ask what facts can you cite that Trump supporters are to blame or not?

Being a trump supporter or not doesn't really have anything to do with this though; even if it's just another result of the same problem: delusions from... oh so many things.

So tired of the lack of common sense you see in the world today...

5 hours ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Blaming this on Trump supporters is extremely ignorant and laughable...

How's that? Especially when you see a MAGA hats roaming around stores with no mask... or storming their capital buildings over covid mandates, all while not social distancing nor wearing masks. Or even worse, having massive thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings while still flying their Trump 2020 flags in their yard?

How about that Sturgis rally? Which spread hundreds of thousands of cases, and one can easily go and find footage of MAGA rallies and parades within that event. Given current mortality rates (we'll go with 2.75 percent.. seeing ranges from 1.7 to 3.8 for entire US population, but much, much higher for older people, which these rallies typically produced for turn out) that rally has probably killed at least 7500 of those 300,000 infected individuals. Almost 10,000 dead. From just that stupid rally. Completely preventable. But Trump supporters gotta keep up that no mask narrative over anything else.

There's plenty of blame to go around when Trump supporters lap up the no mask, nonsense conspiracy theories and flood transmission rates with community-based spread because of their irresponsibility. 

It's been scientifically proven that when both parties are wearing masks, the risk of a covid infected individual transmitting the virus to another mask wearer is in the single percentage points, close to 0 when 6 ft apart.  When the infected party doesn't wear a mask, that jumps to 40% transmission rate. 

And before you go off and spout something silly about the protests, no, those were not super spreaders. Scientifically proven. Fact. Instead of linking to data that you'll ignore completely, pick your source from an easy google search. https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=were+protests+super+spreaders&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8. Ironically wearing masks to conceal their identities also stopped the spread. Who knew a piece of cloth could stop the virus, oh wait... everyone who doesn't tune into Trump's nonsense. I'll go out on a limb and say maybe the Nov 7th Biden celebrations caused an up tick, but even then, most had masks.

Oh also: How about Trump stopping the federal dissemination of masks to the public, especially in inner cities where the low income/no income individuals couldn't get one.

The only thing you've been right on. Covid would have come, regardless of who was in office, however that's where it ends... there was plenty that could have been prevented after it got here. If it weren't for states stepping up to the plate to pick up the Trump administrations slack, it'd have been an even worse disaster.... and still, those states are still bombarded by MAGAs protesting mandates/restrictions. State mandates are uneven state to state, and there is no consistency on a national level. High infection rate sates continue to flood other states during holiday travels and contribute to the spread. The federal government needs to step up. Hopefully with Biden and a full majority congress, we can create some sort of consistency. 

Get a clue.

Edited by shockz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Astra.Xtreme said:

Clearly you let the media do your thinking...  Facts matter, but clearly you're not the type that cares about those...  Thanks for showing us your judgmental and delusional mindset. 

Typical fanboy response.   

• Like 2

17 hours ago, shockz said:

I mean, being a trump supporter doesn't make someone an anti-vaxxer. It's roping a category of people into another. I agree though that the media seems to really be roping the two together and even if it MIGHT be true I'm sure there are anti-vaxxers that aren't trump supporters.

I would just literally keep politics out of this thread frankly.

On 18/12/2020 at 12:42, ThaCrip said:

I am of the mindset if one is reasonably healthy, and not too old, their body almost certainly will fight it off naturally without much issue. so why put something foreign into ones body (it's simply a matter of trust and I won't take the risk with the vaccine when the virus it's supposed to protect against only has a very small chance to kill the common person). I won't be surprised if there's a greater risk from the vaccine than from the virus itself for the common person.

there is A LOT of non-stop fearmongering for this virus from the corrupt leftist media when in reality ones chances of dying from it if they are not old and reasonably healthy is extremely low (even if you are on the old side, it's not a death sentence as the odds are still good for you, just not as good as someone a bit younger) but they will never tell people this as they want to use fear from this virus to control people with masks non-stop etc. but a lot of us see through their BS and are not playing their games. ever notice how it's always the left trying to control people locking down the country when shutting down the economy is far worse for most people than the overrated virus itself. sure, ill admit the virus is bad but only if you happen to be one of a very limited amount of people who react badly to it. the percentages are greatly in the common persons favor to not worry. if there was like say something in the ball park of a 20% death rate, it might be a different story then as taking a chance on the vaccine etc might be worth it. but as is, the virus is massively overblown.

it's simply a matter of trust and in this regard I am not exactly putting a lot of trust in big pharma as they generally put $ ahead of ones health as you can see by the standards of drugs advertised on TV declining as you see a fair amount advertise stuff and not long after there are those lawyer commercials suing for damages etc. plus, a good percentage of the stuff they advertise on TV, the side effects are worse than the problem it's trying to fix etc. this just further proves my point that big pharma puts $ ahead of a genuine concern for peoples health. basically they can be good at saving ones life in a emergency, but for the more casual thing I would not be too trusting of them as I am of the mindset the less prescription drugs one is on the better for ones overall health in the long term. but I realize some people ain't got much choice, but short of the high priority cases where it's really needed, the less the better.

I suspect the typical leftist around here will probably try to claim I am a "conspiracy theorist" etc, but you got to admit at least some of way I say is not a stretch for me to claim it.

p.s. no offense to the OP.

The world is full of selfish people, as you so eloquently just demonstrated.  Please, do us all a favour... As you've decided to be a disease vector and thus a risk to everyone, lock yourself away so we don't have to risk being in contact with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

The world is full of selfish people, as you so eloquently just demonstrated.  Please, do us all a favour... As you've decided to be a disease vector and thus a risk to everyone, lock yourself away so we don't have to risk being in contact with you.

Don’t worry, God will protect him from Covid. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2021 at 21:54, Barney T. said:

Got my second dose this afternoon. Not sore at all. I feel so glad that I had the opportunity to get this!! 

covid vaccination.jpg

"BJ Tormey" sounds so much like a country singer!

On 06/01/2021 at 13:54, Barney T. said:

Got my second dose this afternoon. Not sore at all. I feel so glad that I had the opportunity to get this!! 

covid vaccination.jpg

My wife got her second yesterday.  Other than her arm being sore, she seems to be ok today. I wonder when it will open for us regular dudes.  

Just now, Jazmac said:

I wonder when it will open for us regular dudes.  

Based on the predictions I've been seeing I'd say anywhere from late June to early September for general distribution.

Just now, techbeck said:

Fiance just got her first.  Nothing to it.  People were comparing it to being worse than a tetanus shot, but it was not even close.

HA hardly. Worst I've heard is more comparable to someone having a bad reaction to a flu shot.

3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Based on the predictions I've been seeing I'd say anywhere from late June to early September for general distribution.

HA hardly. Worst I've heard is more comparable to someone having a bad reaction to a flu shot.

Some people have a lower threshold for pain.  By she was a little worried about it but was nothing.   Got through the line in 30min or so.  Had to wait 15min after before they let you go as well in case anything was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

Ok, New Rule: If you live with a first responder, to insure the effectiveness of the vaccine of said, first responder, the spouse goes next. :)

2 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

Ok, New Rule: If you live with a first responder, to insure the effectiveness of the vaccine of said, first responder, the spouse goes next. :)

I would get it myself, but I am not eligible yet to do so.  So just my Fiance for now who is a PA.

2 minutes ago, Jazmac said:

I don't disagree with this but probably won't happen unfortunately :/ 

Little late to this but needed to come out of lurking to just say congrats @Barney T. on receiving both doses of the vaccine!

I can only imagine how stressful work is right now and hopefully this is the first step in things returning back to normal for you. 

2 hours ago, Skiver said:

Little late to this but needed to come out of lurking to just say congrats @Barney T. on receiving both doses of the vaccine!

I can only imagine how stressful work is right now and hopefully this is the first step in things returning back to normal for you. 

Thank you! Your thoughts are so kind!!! Cheers!

On 08/01/2021 at 10:22, techbeck said:

Fiance just got her first.  Nothing to it.  People were comparing it to being worse than a tetanus shot, but it was not even close.

Everyone will have a reaction of some kind.  Some just a sore arm at the injection site and others will have some minor covid symptoms: sore back, headache, lethargy etc. Only because of how my wife reacted to it. They were minor.  I hope we can get this out of us regular folk.