My external monitor suddenly isn't working and found out on my device manager that AMD radeon graphics has a "code 43"

Vindicta

my laptop has an AMD ryzen 7 4800H with integrated AMD radeon graphics, a GTX 1660 TI, my OS is in windows 10. My laptop has a 144hz display and an external monitor (60hz) that is connected to my laptop which works PERFECTLY FINE before everything.

So on my laptop screen, DOTA 2 was open while in my external monitor/display, I have my Discord and website open. I was just watching youtube vids when suddenly my monitor froze then laptop display turned blue with text saying " ;( windows ran into a problem" or something like that. At first I thought it was the fabled blue screen that breaks your computer but to my suprise it just automatically restarted my laptop, upon typing my password on my lockscreen, I noticed that my external monitor isn't working and that my laptop display looks weird. So, I asked a friend and told me to check my device manager and I saw that my AMD Radeon Graphics has this "code 43" thing, so he said to just update my drivers and update my windows software, so I did all that and its still there. I did a little exploring myself on my laptop and found that my laptop display was using MS basic display and that it was on 1hz, now I was panicking because I was thinking that my driver is broken or gone, so he told me to try using the one on the AMD website that updates drivers, and so I did that but still nothing. As for the monitor, I tried trouble shooting it, connecting-disconnecting it, force detecting with settings, using the "add device" button under "Bluetooth and other devices"  still nothing, I really dont know what to do. I dont even know what happened before the blue screen

I seen people uninstall their drivers then install it or using the roll back options but idk, what if something happened to my laptop, I dont wanna risk it ;(

+jnelsoninjax

OK, first off, how is the monitor connected to the laptop? (HDMI, Display port, etc) second, you said that you have integrated graphics as well as a GTX 1660. Have you checked that the Nvidia drivers are current, version 460.89 is the most current. Also I would attempt to disable the integrated graphics or the Nvidia, and see if the display comes back. I found this website that talks about the error 43, and how to potentially fix it. Also check AMD and see if your drivers are up to date, as that can cause issues as well. Third, check and see if there a specific driver for the external monitor, sometimes that can fix issues as well. As a last result, download and run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and let it clean the system of all display drivers, and then reinstall them.

• Like 1
Mindovermaster

do you have any files in your log folder? ALL BSODs are saved there. We need the exact 000X000## code so we can help you :)

• Like 1
+jnelsoninjax
11 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

do you have any files in your log folder? ALL BSODs are saved there. We need the exact 000X000## code so we can help you :)

Forgot about that, he can download Whocrashed (this is a direct link to the download)

• Like 2
Vindicta
1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

OK, first off, how is the monitor connected to the laptop? (HDMI, Display port, etc) second, you said that you have integrated graphics as well as a GTX 1660. Have you checked that the Nvidia drivers are current, version 460.89 is the most current. Also I would attempt to disable the integrated graphics or the Nvidia, and see if the display comes back. I found this website that talks about the error 43, and how to potentially fix it. Also check AMD and see if your drivers are up to date, as that can cause issues as well. Third, check and see if there a specific driver for the external monitor, sometimes that can fix issues as well. As a last result, download and run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and let it clean the system of all display drivers, and then reinstall them.

The monitor is connected using HDMI cables, I checked my nvidia drivers and no, they are not updated (installing the updated drive right now). About the disabling of integrated graphics or nvidia, I dont know how to and I'm scared it might affect something, so I might do that as a last resort. I checked the website you sent that talks about code 43, I did about 2 of the methods, the others require uninstalling the drives, updating the motherboard, and flashing(?) which I myself dont know what the outcome may be so I didnt do those. I dont think my monitor has a specific driver. Ill also do the DDU as last resort. (update just installed, im about to restart to check if there are any difference)

Vindicta
1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

I downloaded the app, do you mean the bugcheck code? I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with those lol

+jnelsoninjax
11 hours ago, Vindicta said:

I downloaded the app, do you mean the bugcheck code? I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with those lol

Open Whocrashed, and press the button that says Analyze, then it will instruct you to scroll down and see the results. It will then give you an idea as to what caused the BSOD,

Vindicta

here it is, I included previous crashes, maybe u guys might need to know image.thumb.png.428393926d181319dbf488817a8c68b3.png

Vindicta
2 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Open Whocrashed, and press the button that says Analyze, then it will instruct you to scroll down and see the results. It will then give you an idea as to what caused the BSOD,

here you go,

image.png

16 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

here it is image.thumb.png.71331d3855754e9a37df451d8a48f173.png

Mindovermaster

Yeah, that's a Memory problem...

Try running MemTest. It's on a bootable CD/USB. Run it for at least one cycle, see what it brings up. Overnight is preferred. Try running this with only ONE stick at a time. If it's just one stick, you can refurb the bad one, or can still use the system with your remaining stick.

ANY warnings, your memory is bad, need to buy new ones.

+jnelsoninjax

Exactly what I just determined from the dump files. Hardware.sys so either CPU or RAM, and considering one of the errors was Memory Management, I would say it is a strong possibility that you have bad RAM modules.

Vindicta

Update: I slept just before the replies so, sorry for that but before I slept I shut down my laptop then for some odd reason after waking up just now and opening my laptop code 43 was gone, my display were connected to my radeon graphics instead of the MS basic display, as well as my external monitor being detected and can be used by my laptop for some reason. I dont know what I did yesterday but I followed some of you guys' tips, maybe one of those fixed the code 43. As for the RAM problem, I didnt expect to run into ANY PROBLEMS really, especially because my laptop is pretty brand new (bought about last week of november or first week of december) but I'll try and find guides on how to use the MemTest that Mr. mindovermaster was saying so I could avoid more BSOD and heartattacks xD. Just wanna say thanks right now because idk what might happen I do the test lol

• Like 1
+jnelsoninjax

Good to hear that it is working like it is supposed to. It will not hurt anything to run Memtest,it's just to rule out the RAM being the issue. I have had brand new out of the package RAM that ended up testing bad > month, so you can never be too careful and check everything, even if it highly unlikely that it could be the problem. Even with years of experience of building computers, I have found that sometimes it is the smallest, most obscure thing that causes the biggest problems, like something not screwed down all the way, or a cable not completely plugged in, and have spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what happened, only to discover something minute like the a fore mentioned items!

• Like 1
Mindovermaster

To what JNelson said, do the memtest, anyway. Even though it may work fine again, you might come across this same error.

I had several RAM sticks that went bad. The system would work, but not to it's full potential. RMA or replace. Will save you more times than you know.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Normal
      The freeze isn't techically a "freeze", when it happens like for example in video games everyone who i'm playing with  freezes but I can still move around and when it stops after a few seconds i also notice i have moved, but to a completelty diffrent  spot from where i was moving when it was frozen.It also happens on the web for example in google meet classes, where i can still move my mouse, but I can't hear anyone and they're camera either freezes or turns off completely. If you have even a slight idea how this could be fixed, please tell me.
    • By Copernic
      GPU-Z 2.39.0
      by Razvan Serea

GPU-Z is a lightweight system utility designed to provide vital information about your video card and graphics processor. At launch, it automatically scans your system and reports the card name, GPU, release date and transistors, BIOS version, ROPs, memory type, and memory size.

Main Features:

Supports NVIDIA, AMD, ATI and Intel graphics devices Displays adapter, GPU and display information Displays overclock, default clocks and 3D clocks (if available) Includes a GPU load test to verify PCI-Express lane configuration Validation of results GPU-Z can create a backup of your graphics card BIOS No installation required, optional installer is available Support for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported) GPU-Z 2.39.0 changelog:

Added support for Intel Rocket Lake Integrated Graphics Added support for NVIDIA RTX 3060 Mobile, RTX 3050 Ti Mobile, RTX 3050 Mobile, RTX A5000, T500, CMP 30HX, CMP 40HX, CMP 90HX Added support for AMD Radeon RX 6900 XTXH, Radeon Pro W5500M, Barco MXRT 4700 Integrated screenshot feature now captures the proper window area on Windows 10 (no longer includes the window shadow) VRAM usage sensor removed on NVIDIA cards running in TCC mode, due to unsupported NVIDIA API XML dump now includes fields BIOSUEFI, WHQL, DriverDate, DXR, DirectML, OpenGL and ResizableBAR Added memory type detection for Intel i740 Fixed Resizable BAR detection on some systems (mostly laptops) Fixed clock readings on AMD Mobile RDNA2 Fixed OpenCL detection on some rare systems Fixed memory clock readings on NVIDIA GeForce 6 Fixed BIOS date on some legacy ATI cards Fixed release date for ATI RV200 and NVIDIA NV41M Download page: GPU-Z 2.39.0 | 7.1 MB (Freeware)
      View: GPU-Z Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Namerah S
      Google expands Android Earthquake Alerts System notification coverage
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

When Google updated Android back in August 2020, it rolled out a host of new tools and features. That was when the Android Earthquake Alerts System first saw the light of day. The safety feature essentially creates a large network of earthquake detectors by utilizing sensors in Android phones worldwide. Android users around the world can take advantage of the system by looking up "earthquakes near me" for "near-instant" updates.

Initially, notifications for the Android Earthquake Alerts System were only available in select locations in the U.S., with Oregon being the most recent addition. Today the Mountain View-based tech giant announced that the earthquake alerts will now be available in two more locations. Android users in Greece and New Zealand will now receive automatic notifications about earthquakes in the regions. Google states that it chose these countries because they lack early warning system alerts. Users can turn these notifications off if they like.

Meanwhile, residents of Washington in the U.S. are slated to receive the Android alert update in May. Although no mention has been made of further rolling out the safety notifications to other countries, it is likely that more areas will get them in the future.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Cyberpunk 2077 update 1.2 delivers a massive number of fixes and optimizations
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

CD Projekt RED is almost ready to push out its 1.2 major update to Cyberpunk 2077, and today, the studio published the changelog of the release. This stability update was originally slated for February, but following the cyberattack on the CD Projekt group that resulted in encrypted developer data, the release was delayed to the second half of March.

Patch 1.2 will be implementing gameplay tweaks, optimizations, and bug fixes on a massive scale. In gameplay changes, increased spawn radius for police around the player, improved vehicle steering sensitivity, a GTA-like get unstick feature for vehicles, and improved NPC pathing will be present following the update.

Stability and performance improvements include engine optimizations for reduced crashes as well as better frame rates for base consoles and low-end PC hardware. While no exact numbers were released, players may see a significant performance bump with the update considering the scale of changes. Moreover, ray tracing is finally being supported on AMD graphics cards, and it sounds like a driver update will be coming soon to officially enable the feature in the game.

CD Projekt RED is dropping hundreds of bug fixes to Cyberpunk 2077 with the update, aiming to resolve problems across gameplay, quests, the open world, graphics, audio, animation, cinematic design, UI, and other areas. Essentially, every part of the game has gone through a polishing phase.

The update's patch notes can be seen here, which require quite a bit of scrolling to get through. According to CD Projekt RED, these are only the notable changes of the update, with even more changes being included under the hood. The studio said the release will be happening soon, so Cyberpunk 2077 players can expect to see the download hit the PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Stadia versions in the near future.

• By indospot
      Samsung introduces new monitor lineup with up to 4K resolution
      by João Carrasqueira

Samsung has introduced its latest family of PC monitors for 2021, comprising the S8, S7, and S6 families. The monitors all offer 1.07 billion colors and support HDR10, along with 178-degree viewing angles.

On top of that, the monitors have all received the Intelligent Eye Care certification from TUV Rheinland, and they're the first monitors to do so. They can adjust the brightness and color temperature of the screen automatically to match the lighting conditions of the room they're in, helping the visual experience feel more comfortable. There's also a special "eye-saver" that reduces blue light emissions, plus flicker-free technology. Rounding out the feature set is Eco Saving Plus technology, which promises to reduce power consumption by lowering the brightness in black areas of the screen.

Starting with the top-end S8 models, they come in both 27- and 32-inch options, both offering 4K resolution in a 16:9 aspect ratio, along with support for 99% of the sRGB color gamut. The lineup includes a USB Type-C port with 10Gbps speeds and three USB 3.0 ports, serving as a USB hub. The range-topping model, the S80UA, also supports 90W charging over the USB Type-C port. The S8 line also offers height adjustment, pivot, swivel, and tilt support.

The S7 family also comes in either 27- or 32-inch models, but feature-wise, it's much more limited. It offers no USB ports or other kinds of connectivity, and it also ditches height adjustment, pivot, swivel support, so it can only be tilted. Otherwise, it features the same resolution and color support as the S8.

Finally, the S6 lineup offers a few different variants, coming in 24-, 27-, 32-, and 34-inch sizes. All the monitors in the lineup offer support for AMD FreeSync, and QHD resolution, as well as height adjustment, pivot, swivel, and tilt support.

The S65UA is the most distinct of the lineup, being the only one with a 34-inch curved display with 1000R curvature and a 21:9 aspect ratio, for a total resolution of 3440x1440. Samsung doesn't rate its sRGB support, but it's otherwise similar to the flagship S80UA - with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0, and 90W charging over the USB Type-C port. However, it also adds LAN connectivity with Wake on LAN support.

Almost all of that also applies to the S60UA, however, that one has a flat 16:9 display (2560x1440) and covers 99% of sRGB, plus it comes in 24-, 27-, and 32-inch sizes. The last of the S6 family is the S60A, which strips the 90W charging support and USB 2.0 port, but is otherwise the same as the S60UA.

The full lineup of monitors will be available from early April, but Samsung isn't too clear about the pricing. The 27-inch S8 will cost $429.99, but that could be either the S80UA or the S80A. The S7 lineup is the easiest to discern, since it only has one model and two different sizes. The 27-inch variant costs $359.99, while the 32-inch model goes up to $389.99.

Samsung says the 32-inch S6 (Samsung doesn't say whether that's the S60UA or S60A) will cost $369.99, while the 34-inch model - which can only be the S65UA - will be $679.99. Given the stark difference in pricing, it seems likely that the S6 mentioned before is referring to the S60A. We've reached out to Samsung for a full list of prices for each model and we'll update this article if we hear back.