The web is becoming an annoying garbagefest

On 14/01/2021 at 23:33, TCA said:

Try it in incognito mode. I’ve done that and didn’t have to sign up

Wait until you hear this: Sites that straight up refuse to load when in incognito mode. They force you to use the regular mode so they can track you with cookies.

I should start making a list of websites that abuse surfers like this. Name and shame them.

3 hours ago, Tuskd said:

Wait until you hear this: Sites that straight up refuse to load when in incognito mode. They force you to use the regular mode so they can track you with cookies.

I should start making a list of websites that abuse surfers like this. Name and shame them.

Yeah the cookie avoidance disables some sites until you turn it off and reload the page 😐

On 28/12/2020 at 10:25, Jim K said:

Autoplay videos with sound....they can burn in the fiery pits of hell. 

Nothing infuriates me like having 5/8/77 cranked loud and one of these damn autoplays come up...usually a few decibels above my music.  Mostly happens on news sites (CNN, ABC, Fox, etc.) ... like I can't read the damn article I clicked on.  It must also have the video segment. /sigh

Oftimes there is a video segment on somthing totally unrelated to the article.

On 28/12/2020 at 19:28, adrynalyne said:

If Centurylink ever implements a data cap, I am screwed.

Last 30 days (and for some reason, its not showing my machine (which is another TB).  

image.thumb.png.1efbbfc7e31352dc325383050bcee0fc.png

I switched from Comcast to WOW for various reasons the cap being one of them. I was going over every month with Comcast due to my syncing a work backup to my Home NAS.

Email unsubscribe lists that when you go to unsubscribe, the web page forces you to send an "email with a link" to manage preferences, and then when you get the unique link in the email (now I have 2 unwanted emails) you are forced to spell out your own email address to unsubscribe, it isn't helpfully filled in correctly..  

SNAG-0011.png

Oh so now it is secret and "secure" huh? When I am the one wanting to unsubscribe from a unique link sent to me, using the same email address??