Do you carry cash?

Do you carry cash?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry cash?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I keep about $20 - $60 in my wallet and $60 in my center console of my car in case I need gas and I forgot my payment methods at home.

• Like 1

Haven't actually carried any maple leafs for about 5 years now.  Literally have only held onto cash for about 1 hour total the past 2 years.

Nope. Never. I don’t think I’ve even been to an ATM in that last 3 years. Before that I’d only take a 20 out to pay for parking when doing a night out and on the town, and now even those places support card/contactless. 

sure, it can be very useful.   i try to always carry at least 50usd worth with me at all times.   rarely use it though, but when you need it you need it.

• Like 2

I carry cash but rarely use it. Mostly I use apple pay tied to by credit card.  If the store does have apple doesn't have apple pay I just use credit card but that is getting rare nowadays.

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

I keep about $20 - $60 in my wallet and $60 in my center console of my car in case I need gas and I forgot my payment methods at home.

damn, i am going to put some cash stash in my car too now.  good idea.  i once forgot the wallet, and i was 1 hour away from home in another town - and even though i found my bank, they only spotted me $20 without my ID - even though i showed them my logged in account in my phone.   WTF.  

anyway, good idea to keep some cash hidden in the car.

2 minutes ago, E.Worm Jimmy said:

damn, i am going to put some cash stash in my car too now.  good idea.  i once forgot the wallet, and i was 1 hour away from home in another town - and even though i found my bank, they only spotted me $20 without my ID - even though i showed them my logged in account in my phone.   WTF.  

anyway, good idea to keep some cash hidden in the car.

People will say ZOMG ..if your car is stolen they will get your cash too! Yes, Yes they will but I don't care, I would much rather have it there for an emergency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warwagon said:

People will say ZOMG ..if your car is stolen they will get your cash too! Yes, Yes they will but don't care, i'd much rather have it there for an emergency.

with my CAR stolen, i could not care less about a 50-100 bucks....   i don't know how much you car is worth, but if my car goes missing, $100 is the LEAST of my worries - for so many reasons, including wasted time!

people who told you that, are not thinking right.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Melfster said:

I carry cash but rarely use it. Mostly I use apple pay tied to by credit card.  If the store does have apple doesn't have apple pay I just use credit card but that is getting rare nowadays.

ya, I use Apple Pay at Hyvee and Fareway and Wal-Mart pay at wal-Mart, I love me some digital receipts. That's really the only place I shop.

Keeping the equalvent of 50/60 usd

just in case

otherwise card are perfered , you know for personal accounting perpose

Rarely for actual use but I do keep $25 in my wallet and another $25  in the car for emergencies.

I really love seeing idiots who pull out the money clip with $500 or whatever in it. You know that is all the money they process in the world.

7 hours ago, Superuser said:

Rarely for actual use but I do keep $25 in my wallet and another $25  in the car for emergencies.

I really love seeing idiots who pull out the money clip with $500 or whatever in it. You know that is all the money they process in the world.

Interesting assumption.

44 minutes ago, Dick Montage said:

If I’m carrying cash it is usually without realising

You mean someone slips your cash and you did not even notice?

Hahaha

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Interesting assumption.

it's a safe bet as I only see idiots/scum bags flash their money.

Carry a little bit but rarely use it.  And I hate hate loose change. 

Always good to have cash on hand.  Some times when systems are down and cannot accept electronic payments. 

7 minutes ago, Superuser said:

Depending on were you are at, pulling out a big wad of cash is not a good thing to do.