Forum Layout

Mindovermaster

I didn't notice this last night, but I ALWAYS saw site announcements/issues on top. Now they are on bottom. And Hardware Hangout is on top.

I always saw Announcements on top, then OS's and Hardware...

This get messed up somehow, or did you want this?

I mean, it's OK with me, as I don't have to scroll down to Hardware Hangout forum anymore. :laugh:

• Like 1
Brandon H

Hello Mind

This was an intended adjustment by Steve after a couple suggestions from another staff member to have the more relevant sections on top.

Its primary purpose is to help guests and new users find the content they came to the site for faster. In addition we realized it doesn't look the greatest when "Site Issues" is the first thing you see when you get to the forums.

The other change you may or may not have noticed is "Introduce Yourself" was moved to the General topics section.

For people like you and I that are long standing members it'll take a little getting used to but I understand the change :)

• Like 1
Mindovermaster

Well, after 14 years, yeah, it is different. I don't have a problem with it, but it just looks different...

But stil.. Forum Announcements aren't relavent? Looks fishy... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Steven P.
On 22/01/2021 at 16:29, Mindovermaster said:

But stil.. Forum Announcements aren't relavent? Looks fishy... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We can pin important forum announcements to the top of the forums, so that was my thinking about lowering them in the list.

• Like 1
Brandon H
23 hours ago, Steven P. said:

We can pin important forum announcements to the top of the forums, so that was my thinking about lowering them in the list.

Oh good we do have that functionality. I was thinking IPB could do that but couldn't quite remember. (Y)