Pop In questions

I use chrome as my browser. When I am looking at a sports site and begin to scroll down I get what i will call a pop in. I am wondering if there was a way or extension that can prevent this from happening.

image.thumb.png.424c937af4f63362efe03de7e6faed7f.png

Someone asked about this here, and I've taken a look around to see if there are any other results. It seems that @Brandon His right, since each site seems to implement the floating video differently there isn't really a universal solution. They're mostly script-based, so either using something like uBlock or NoScript would stop most (but not all) of them. If there are specific sites that you visit regularly, try the scripts suggested here with Greasemonkey and tailor the code to that site.

can you not select the floating video with the uBlock element picker tool? that should work I believe unless they use a dynamic code that changes every load.

image.png.bb714e33e72eb4e69d3c1ff797f25866.png

obvious disclaimer of we don't condone adblock on Neowin but it's your prerogative on other sites :) 

6 hours ago, Brandon H said:

can you not select the floating video with the uBlock element picker tool? that should work I believe unless they use a dynamic code that changes every load.

image.png.bb714e33e72eb4e69d3c1ff797f25866.png

obvious disclaimer of we don't condone adblock on Neowin but it's your prerogative on other sites :) 

Will give it a try as i never thought of trying it. :)   thx