Loki (Disney+)

Finally got caught up.  Episode 5 was the best IMO ... I would spend money to watch an alligator Loki movie or how frog Thor ended up in a glass jar (how did he wield the hammer?)...

This has been a fun series....wonder if Sylvie will be in future movies?  Wasn't sure about her until episode 5 but now....

2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Finally got caught up.  Episode 5 is the best IMO ... I would spend money to watch an alligator Loki movie or how frog Thor ended up in a glass jar (how did he wield the hammer?)...

This has been a fun series....wonder if Sylvie will be in future movies?  Wasn't sure about her until episode 5 but now....

Alligator Loki is hilarious!

I've been pleasantly surprised by Loki, deffo the best of the 3 cinematic universe spinoffs so far. I say this as someone who previously found Loki's character a bit annoying and mainly cringe.

- Wandavision was great but then it turned into

Spoiler

Hocus Pocus

towards the end.

- Falcon and The Winter Soldier felt too conventional, tried to stay too safe which is fine but a bit boring.

• Like 2

On 01/07/2021 at 10:05, George P said:

Well episode 4 was a step up imo.  The show works best when it's got the whole mystery plot going and you're wondering what's going on etc.   

If I can get into the plot, this is what makes a show great for me. Even shows where the writers have no idea what they're doing like LOST lol 

48 minutes ago, cacoe said:

I've been pleasantly surprised by Loki, deffo the best of the 3 cinematic universe spinoffs so far. I say this as someone who previously found Loki's character a bit annoying and mainly cringe.

- Wandavision was great but then it turned into

Hide contents

Hocus Pocus

towards the end.

- Falcon and The Winter Soldier felt too conventional, tried to stay too safe which is fine but a bit boring.

I agree with everything you said!

Season finale wasn't bad, a ...

Spoiler

multiverse-busting finale

... didn't think it was great either.  Ended on a cliffhanger ... at least a Season 2 has been confirmed as seen in the end credits...

Capture.jpg.fc0fa3ed04563d4d5b38a40b5fca69ad.jpg

9 hours ago, Jim K said:

Season finale wasn't bad, a ...

Reveal hidden contents

multiverse-busting finale

... didn't think it was great either.  Ended on a cliffhanger ... at least a Season 2 has been confirmed as seen in the end credits...

Capture.jpg.fc0fa3ed04563d4d5b38a40b5fca69ad.jpg

Spoiler

It seems like the events at the end of this are going to ripple through into the movies and other series.  Isn't the next phase of films going hard into the multiverse idea?

48 minutes ago, George P said:

Isn't the next phase of films going hard into the multiverse idea?

Yep.  The next Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has it right in the title name.  Spider-man: No Way Home supposedly is going to dabble in it as well.  It will be interesting to see how the Eternals plays into this.

What's also interesting in the series finale is

Spoiler

Did Loki get erased from the timelines?  Mobius and Hunter B-15 didn't know who he was.  Did Sylvie put Loki in another universes TVA?

36 minutes ago, primortal said:

Yep.  The next Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has it right in the title name.  Spider-man: No Way Home supposedly is going to dabble in it as well.  It will be interesting to see how the Eternals plays into this.

What's also interesting in the series finale is

Hide contents

Did Loki get erased from the timelines?  Mobius and Hunter B-15 didn't know who he was.  Did Sylvie put Loki in another universes TVA?

Spoiler

From the final shot of the TVA building and the statue of Kang, I'd say he's either in a alternate timeline now or she tossed him into one of the multiverse.   I doubt he's been erased, that version of those two just don't know him yet.

The way I see this playing out is that each multiverse timeline has it's own version of the TVA and the "war" is down to who  can erase who's line etc.

• Like 2

Regarding the last few minutes...

Spoiler

It does confuse me how he was tossed into a different multiverse...he was sent back prior to Sylvie killing He Who Remains.

...of course, multiverses turn my brain into mush anyway.  Maybe he got dropped into alligator Loki's universe?  :)

2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Regarding the last few minutes...

Hide contents

It does confuse me how he was tossed into a different multiverse...he was sent back prior to Sylvie killing He Who Remains.

...of course, multiverses turn my brain into mush anyway.

Spoiler

As @George P said above, a different timeline which was already branching before his death.

Spoiler

I read an article today that said Tom is confirmed for a Loki roll in Multiverse of Madness so sounds promising that he'll return to the MCU big screen to stay (Y) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, primortal said:

Jonathan Majors (Kang/He who remains) is also confirmed to be appearing in "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania"

I liked his performance in the finale, looking forward to more from him.

3 hours ago, Zathras5 said:

Jonathan Majors (Kang/He who remains) is also confirmed to be appearing in "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania"

I liked his performance in the finale, looking forward to more from him.

I wasn't too big of a fan of his performance,  it was kind of annoying to me.  Guess I like it when the big bads are more serious and less, how do I put it, crazy/delusional.

• Thanks 1

On 16/07/2021 at 19:40, Innervisions33 said:

The finale was a tad bit boring, but it did it's job moving everything forward.  I enjoyed it overall.

The only problem is with how long it'll be for season 2.  I don't have hopes for next year, maybe 2023?

On 16/07/2021 at 12:00, George P said:

The only problem is with how long it'll be for season 2.  I don't have hopes for next year, maybe 2023?

since he's supposed to show up in the next Doctor Strange movie I'd guess season 2 will be sometime after that movie comes out and take place after. So I'd say 2023 is very plausible

• 2 years later...

One of the few shows I'll actually watch.   I didn't see Secret Invasion, or the show before this which I can't even remember.    Disney has really milked marvel and star wars into the ground for me.  It used to be a event when we got a new movie, specially for SW, but now, meh.  

• Like 1

On 01/08/2023 at 14:19, George P said:

One of the few shows I'll actually watch.   I didn't see Secret Invasion, or the show before this which I can't even remember.    Disney has really milked marvel and star wars into the ground for me.  It used to be a event when we got a new movie, specially for SW, but now, meh.  

Don't bother with Secret Invasion... it's the first marvel project I found to be truly down right bad.  This looks way better though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's ok so far... there is just a lot of fluff, unfortunately.  I won't go into specifics at this point since I don't know who has seen what, but I think you'll get what I mean.  If you don't... think kitchen scene from Ep2.