Changing rings before voicemail kicks in

Does anyone know how to change the number of rings before voicemail will begin? Currently, mine rings 12 times before it does which is furiating. I have an LG stylo 4 and my carrier and app is metropcs. Any help is greatly appreciated. it is a certain string something like **61*    

TIA

Edited by Bruinator

If what I am reading is correct, then this is how:

1. Dial *#61# from your phone. Tap Send.
  2. You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss.
  3. Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

5 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

2. You should see a new screen that displays a bunch of information about what's getting forwarded. You should see a line under "Voice Call Forwarding" that says "Forwards to +11234567890" (where 11234567890 is an eleven digit phone number, likely different from your phone number). Write down this number and tap Dismiss.
  3. Now, dial **61*+11234567890*11*XX# and hit Send, where 11234567890 is the number that you found in step two and XX is the number of seconds you want to wait until voicemail picks up. You can set it in increments of 5, where 30 seconds is the maximum.

if the is on the phone dialer app, how doi hit send? If not on the pad, where do I enter the code of string plz?

4 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

if the is on the phone dialer app, how doi hit send? If not on the pad, where do I enter the code of string plz?

Yes from the phone dialer. Sorry that I did not make that more clear, it can be rather confusing.

Trust me as i have tried that and they arent the brightest ppl in the world. I will try again later with a supervisor. It seems like whenever you call customer survice no matter what company it is, you have to ask for a supervisor coz 1st line of supports sux. They are not too bright or there is a language issue.

Edited by Bruinator

2 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

i have tried this method before and it worked on my blu vivo xl with no issues. Just this phone. Hopefully, the phone carrier/ supervisor can figure it out within 1/2 hour, usually takes 2 hrs though.

This is no exaggeration I would say the past 20 (more likely 40) phone calls i have made to customer service, none of them know what they are doing. I am soooo sick of it.

• Like 1

I understand your frustrations there, I have dealt with MetroPCS in the past and found that customer service was rather lacking. Is your phone unlocked (can you move carriers?) You might shop around and find better deals and better customer service. Mint  mobile uses T-Mobile.

29 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

This is no exaggeration I would say the past 20 (more likely 40) phone calls i have made to customer service, none of them know what they are doing. I am soooo sick of it.

Might I suggest taking it into a store then?

1 minute ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Might I suggest taking it into a store then?

now 1 am entering this **61*+11234567890*11*XX#  and i am getting call forwarding modem_err. yes, bringing to store might be best option. :) Much appreciation for your and others help.

• Like 1

Using a Self-Service Code

Open the Phone app on your Android. It's the phone receiver icon typically near the bottom of your home screen. Although there is no way to specify the number of rings, you can specify the number of seconds it will take for the call to be transferred to your voicemail.

Self-service codes are not available for all phone providers. These steps will work for T-Mobile, and may also work for third-party services that use T-Mobiles network.[1]

If this method doesn't work for you, call your provider's customer service (you can usually just dial *611 from your Android to do this) and tell them how much time (between 5 and 30 seconds) you want calls to ring before transferring to voicemail.

Dial *#61# and press the Call button. After a few moments, your phone should display a screen full of information, including a phone number.

If this code gives you an error, your provider doesn't support this option. Most providers will still allow you to change the number of seconds it takes to forward

Write down the phone number. This is the phone number for your provider's voicemail service. You will need to enter this phone number as part of a longer code in the new next step, so make sure you write it correctly.

If you're using T-Mobile, for example, the phone number will be 18056377243.

Dial the service code. The code should be entered in this format: **61*voicemailphonenumber**seconds#. Replace "voicemailphonenumber" with the phone number you wrote down in the previous step, and "seconds" with 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 to indicate how many seconds should pass before the call is sent to voicemail.

For example, if the phone number you wrote down is 18056377243 and you want incoming calls to ring for 15 seconds, you'd enter **61*18056377243**15#.

Although ringtone lengths vary, 10 seconds is usually about 3 or 4 rings, while 30 seconds is about 5 or 6 rings.

Tap the Call button. As long as you've entered the correct information (and that it's supported by your mobile service), you should see a confirmation message that says your call forwarding settings have been updated.

If you want to undo this setting in the future, dial the code again, but replace the number you entered with 30 (the default).

Method2

Using a Different Ringtone

Open your Android's Settings . To do this, swipe down from the top of the home screen, and then tap the gear icon at the top-right corner.

Although there's no setting on your Android that changes the number of rings specifically, you can select a longer or shorter ringtone so you hear more or less sound.

This will not change the length of time it takes for the call to transfer to voicemail, though—just the number of audible rings you'll hear.

Tap Sounds and vibration or Sound. The option you see will vary by provider.[2]

Tap Ringtone or Phone ringtone. One of these two options will be in the menu.

Tap a ringtone to hear a preview. Ringtone options and lengths vary by model. Some ringtones play a tune rather than a shorter sound, meaning that longer ringtones would result in fewer rings.

If you don't like any of the tones, check out How to Get a Free Ringtone to learn how to create and download tones for free.

Tap Save or the back button to save your changes. If you see a Save button, you'll need to tap that to save your changes.[3] Some models, including most Samsungs, do not have a save option because the change is automatic.

me on Android

23 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

According to both metropcs and t-mobile it isnt possible to change the amount of seconds between rings even though you tell me otherwise and the internet does as well. Any other android phone i have had, I was able to do this as well. This is what I mean concerning their knowledge.  Jnel,  is this your current carrier and you can control the amount of seconds between rings, right?

46 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

According to both metropcs and t-mobile it isnt possible to change the amount of seconds between rings even though you tell me otherwise and the internet does as well. Any other android phone i have had, I was able to do this as well. This is what I mean concerning their knowledge.  Jnel,  is this your current carrier and you can control the amount of seconds between rings, right?

No, I have Xfinity mobile, and have voicemail disabled.

@BruinatorI would suggest getting away from Metro PCS, and going to another carrier if possible. Metro PCS has gone downhill and their prices are going up. Unless you are happy with them, I'm sure you could find the equivalent plan cheaper elsewhere. 

28 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

@BruinatorI would suggest getting away from Metro PCS, and going to another carrier if possible. Metro PCS has gone downhill and their prices are going up. Unless you are happy with them, I'm sure you could find the equivalent plan cheaper elsewhere. 

I have Verizon Prepay and pay $37.96 a month for unlimited Talk, Text and 15 GB Of data .

41 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I plan on doing this shortly.  Either mint or tello as I dont use the phone too often.