ProtonMail eMail

I've been a long time user of this site and lurker, and I'm now recently switching everything off Gmail to ProtonMail for privacy reasons moving forward. But when I go to change my account from Gmail to ProtonMail it says "You are not able to use that email on this site". Any particular reasoning for this?

Thanks.

some secure/throwaway email domains are blocked due to spam use and use by disgruntled banned members. I wouldn't think ProtonMail would be on that list but @Steven P. or @DaveLegg should be able to check into it.

• Like 2

I had a look, and @Brandon H is right. ProtonMail was blacklisted as a useable email address due to people abusing it and trolling the website.

EDIT: After a chat with staff I've removed ProtonMail from the blacklist. @Lyric (and others) should now be able to use a ProtonMail address.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brandon H said:

some secure/throwaway email domains are blocked due to spam use and use by disgruntled banned members. I wouldn't think ProtonMail would be on that list but @Steven P. or @DaveLegg should be able to check into it.

Oh, alright. Thanks

6 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I had a look, and @Brandon H is right. ProtonMail was blacklisted as a useable email address due to people abusing it and trolling the website.

EDIT: After a chat with staff I've removed ProtonMail from the blacklist. @Lyric (and others) should now be able to use a ProtonMail address.

Thank you very much! I appreciate you guys looking into it and making a positive change! Woo :)