"We found a windows 11 Pro N digital license for this device running Windows 11 Pro. To activate using this digital"

Anyone seen this problem? I was granted a Windows 10 license during the original Windows 10 insider preview. As of today Windows 11 started complaining about being unlicensed and after troubleshooting I'm presented with this. 

SystemSettingsAdminFlows_2021-07-03_01-07-30.png.694afce3ea5c7c382ecfb8700b3e4edd.png

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Did you have Pro N before upgrading?

I don't believe so, but I'll boot up the image I took of 10 before upgrading to the 11 insider preview to check.

Looks like the old Windows 10 image activation had somehow failed before I performed the upgrade. The PC was offline for a few months. Still, it states Windows 10 Pro with all the usual commands (systeminfo, wmic pos get caption, Get-ComputerInfo | select WindowsProductName, WindowsVersion, OsHardwareAbstractionLayer). No indication of Pro N.

Gotcha. Well it seems like you may have had Pro installed, but the digital license assigned to the machine was from Pro N. That may be what caused 10 to fail activation too,

I'm not sure how to really get around it other than trying to add a Pro license key.

:(

My main key was gifted to me from the Windows 7 beta period and that is what I use on my main (self-build) machine that qualified for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 I have changed hardware a few times since then and just did that prompt and it reactivated through the automated telephone process once or twice in those years. 😛 

BTW "N" edition is intended for Europe, so it definitely is an error if you are in Australia. It is the same as non N edition, but without the bloatware ;) You can reinstall everything via the Store though.  https://www.sfu.ca/computing/about/support/csil/windows/about-windows10-editions.html