Semi Final matches of Euro 2020

Choose your winners!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Italy vs Spain

2. 2. England vs Denmark

1024px-UEFA_Euro_2020_Logo_svg.png.a0f2a

SEMI-FINAL

Tuesday, 6 July

Match #1 - 21:00 CET (Wembley Stadium, London)

Italy 1-1 Spain
(Italy win 4-2 in penalties)

Wednesday, 7 July

Match #2 - 21:00 CET (Wembley Stadium, London)

England 2-1 Denmark

1-1 (2-1 AET)

Through to Final

1. Italy
  2. England
Edited by Steven P.

If anything, Spain has shown how they can totally forget about defense and let anyone score on them.  I think Italy won't have a hard time.   England vs Denmark is probably the closer match between the two IMO.

32 minutes ago, George P said:

If anything, Spain has shown how they can totally forget about defense and let anyone score on them.  I think Italy won't have a hard time.   England vs Denmark is probably the closer match between the two IMO.

Yeah Spain are also so inconsistent, they can turn up and smash the opposition or get smashed themselves lol. Personally I believe the only reason they won the World Cup in 2010 is because the Dutch team got complacent and decided to play dirty in the final, that's another team that either shows up or doesn't depending on the weather.

FB_IMG_1625605681033.jpg

Saw this on Facebook yesterday and, well it's accurate! It's kind of pathetic all the showboating for the ref and the ref waving play on!

• Haha 2

It was closer then I expected actually.   Had Italy not played as risky as they did I don't know if Spain would've tied the game.   Besides, only Spain can control the ball for that long and only manage 1 goal.

15 minutes ago, melted98 said:

England to WIN Final

You're joking, right? England was pathetic in this match, winning via own goal and an invented penalty, then raped by Denmark in ET, playing in 10, while they held the ball as much as they could to pass the time. Italy will score at least 4 against them.

8 hours ago, TDT said:

You're joking, right? England was pathetic in this match, winning via own goal and an invented penalty, then raped by Denmark in ET, playing in 10, while they held the ball as much as they could to pass the time. Italy will score at least 4 against them.

Yeah and already the sour grapes is evident on social media, like only the Italians, Germans and other lesser teams already knocked out are only deserving of such a final.

These people forget why football is the beautiful game, because it is supposed to spring surprises like this after a bunch of hard work (England semi final loss at WC2018 for example) but "fans" like you would much rather see the same two teams duke it out for the title every season, like Rangers and Celtic, Man City vs Man Utd etc..  enjoy, if that's what you think is football.

England have suffered their own injustices at major finals:

https___s3-images.sportbible.com_s3_content_4001b8235b33ef790020933ba88fa952.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Yeah and already the sour grapes is evident on social media, like only the Italians, Germans and other lesser teams already knocked out are only deserving of such a final.

These people forget why football is the beautiful game, because it is supposed to spring surprises like this after a bunch of hard work (England semi final loss at WC2018 for example) but "fans" like you would much rather see the same two teams duke it out for the title every season, like Rangers and Celtic, Man City vs Man Utd etc..  enjoy, if that's what you think is football.

I couldn't care less who ends up in the final, I didn't even start watching this championship till Switzerland vs. France (and that was by accident), by far the most fantastic game in many years. What I do care is about fairness, that decision was obviously biased and I've yet to see someone who said that it WAS a right decision. Also, they pretty much sucked, strugling agains a clearly inferior team, they didn't deserve to win in my opinion. That doesn't mean that I think Denmark was better either. Hopefully justice will be served in the final.

Euro 2020: England charged by Uefa after 'laser' penalty incident

Uefa has charged England after a laser pointer was directed at Denmark keeper Kasper Schmeichel during Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final at Wembley.

Television pictures showed a green light on Schmeichel's face just before Harry Kane took an extra-time penalty.

Schmeichel saved the spot-kick but Kane scored the rebound as England won 2-1 to reach Sunday's final against Italy.

England are also charged with causing a "disturbance" during Denmark's national anthem and setting off fireworks.

<snip>

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57763001