• Italy

This poll is closed to new votes

1024px-UEFA_Euro_2020_Logo_svg.png.a0f2a

FINAL

Sunday, 11 July

21:00 CET (Wembley Stadium, London)

England 1-1 (AET) Italy
(Italy win 3-2 in penalties)

Well that was disappointing. I feel like Grealish and Rashford should have come on earlier than they did. Italy used all their subs which kept legs fresh for all the possession they were gifted in the second half, I just felt it was a matter of time before they would score, because you don't win games by defending in your own half for extended periods.

I do think this young group of players will go far in Qatar if they can continue to build on these performances. Semi Final exit in 2018 (World Cup) and now Final in Euro 2020. It gives hope that they will mature enough for next summer.

I feel sorry for Pickford who had an excellent game after the Semi Final shocker.  The less said about the final three England penalties, the better.

• Like 1

Talk about starting strong and falling apart at the end. 3 of the subs for England who came in all missed PK shots. I hate to say it but talk about a choke. 

On the other hand the Italian goalie should get a massive bonus. 

1 hour ago, George P said:

Talk about starting strong and falling apart at the end. 3 of the subs for England who came in all missed PK shots. I hate to say it but talk about a choke. 

On the other hand the Italian goalie should get a massive bonus. 

Both goalies saved two penalties, Rashford missed. That's not to say Donnarumma didn't deserve player of the tournament, but had it gone slightly differently we'd be talking about Pickford's heroics today.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Well that was disappointing. I feel like Grealish and Rashford should have come on earlier than they did. Italy used all their subs which kept legs fresh for all the possession they were gifted in the second half, I just felt it was a matter of time before they would score, because you don't win games by defending in your own half for extended periods.

I do think this young group of players will go far in Qatar if they can continue to build on these performances. Semi Final exit in 2018 (World Cup) and now Final in Euro 2020. It gives hope that they will mature enough for next summer.

I feel sorry for Pickford who had an excellent game after the Semi Final shocker.  The less said about the final three England penalties, the better.

We were sat at home wondering why no changes were being made. When they scored early on, I turned to my uncle and said this is going to be a long.

As you said, it's an exciting team, high hopes (as always) for the next tournie.

Ref was very lenient with the Italian team, pulling a man down by his shirt onto the ground is a yellow if not a straight red, and studs into Grealish's leg... I know UEFA like to keep the flow of the game going, but there were some shocking fouls which were ignored.

• Like 2