Win 11 preview in virtual box?

Has anyone got W11 Preview to install in virtual box as an upgrade from windows 10?

I had a VM that had Windows 10 pro installed, switched it to insider and it immediately told me it's not compatible with windows 11... I was able to install the leaked ISO just fine in a VirtualBox VM, I can also install a build ISO of the windows 11 preview just fine as a clean install, just not the insider upgrade

I think you will find it is because the pre checks can't find the TPM requirement in the virtual machine, it might also be failing on other things, so you will have to modify your registry to become eligible and it should work fine thereafter https://www.neowin.net/news/how-to-download-and-install-windows-11-insider-builds-on-unsupported-hardware/

Plus, the leaked build did not have the updated hardware requirement checks.

On 07/07/2021 at 23:26, neufuse said:

Has anyone got W11 Preview to install in virtual box as an upgrade from windows 10?

I had a VM that had Windows 10 pro installed, switched it to insider and it immediately told me it's not compatible with windows 11... I was able to install the leaked ISO just fine in a VirtualBox VM, I can also install a build ISO of the windows 11 preview just fine as a clean install, just not the insider upgrade

my main pc is a xeon x5650, it got windows 11 installed without having to modify anything, and it doesn't ships TPM 2.0.