No widgets showing in latest Win 11 build?

Widgets worked fine in the first build, but now on this one when I open it, no widgets show up or any controls at all. ANyone else have this issue?

1 hour ago, patseguin said:

Widgets worked fine in the first build, but now on this one when I open it, no widgets show up or any controls at all. ANyone else have this issue?

Did you check the release notes/blog for the newest .65 build?  I seem to remember something about widgets listed there.

• 8 months later...
On 10/07/2021 at 12:11, adrynalyne said:

They are showing for me. 

Showing here, too - in fact, I have a new one, due to a new feature I am testing since their reappearance - VPN support. (I am doing a trial of Express VPN in the current Dev build - and see the new widget for VPNs (between the OneDrive cloud widget in the TaskTray and the speaker widget - also in the TaskTray)).  I also see why the Express VPN fans likely ARE Express VPN fans - it supports torrent clients - which most VPNs either roadblock altogether (Norton VPN) or complain about (Proton VPN).

I don't hate VPNs - far from it.  What I hate is overpaying for VPNs (or software features in general) needlessly - that's all.  Express VPN is no harder to use than Proton VPN, though I migrated from Android (where I got the free trial offer) to Windows 11 (the reverse of my usual migration (from Windows to Android) - and how I migrated in Proton's case).

On 12/03/2022 at 14:24, PGHammer said:

Showing here, too - in fact, I have a new one, due to a new feature I am testing since their reappearance - VPN support. (I am doing a trial of Express VPN in the current Dev build - and see the new widget for VPNs (between the OneDrive cloud widget in the TaskTray and the speaker widget - also in the TaskTray)).  I also see why the Express VPN fans likely ARE Express VPN fans - it supports torrent clients - which most VPNs either roadblock altogether (Norton VPN) or complain about (Proton VPN).

I don't hate VPNs - far from it.  What I hate is overpaying for VPNs (or software features in general) needlessly - that's all.  Express VPN is no harder to use than Proton VPN, though I migrated from Android (where I got the free trial offer) to Windows 11 (the reverse of my usual migration (from Windows to Android) - and how I migrated in Proton's case).

Bruh. This article is nearly a year old. Nobody wants you resurrecting it. 

On 12/03/2022 at 16:52, adrynalyne said:

Bruh. This article is nearly a year old. Nobody wants you resurrecting it. 

adrynalyne - you in particular accused me of hating VPNs - which has never been true.  My only hatred is for overcharging for features in software in general - and it's not only when it comes to VPNs.  I recommend ExpressVPN because of their not caring when it comes to torrent clients - which is unique in my personal experience.  Torrent clients do have legitimate usages - and especially when it comes to FOSS - which has been true since the 1980s.  I get the blockage when it comes to free-trial users (torrent clients DO strain VPNs - which nobody disputes) so I get why free VPN services - such as ProtonVPN - don't permit them for their free users; still, I point out that ExpressVPN doesn't care - and they don't.  I have also castigated Norton 360's VPN policy - they don't permit VPN usage by torrent clients at all - despite legitimate use cases for torrent clients.

And my response was to the widget question - and I pointed out that the VPN widget was a new one in my experience - and where it came from.  If the widget post is a year old, why did it just show up (as in less than a week ago)?

On 14/03/2022 at 15:23, PGHammer said:

adrynalyne - you in particular accused me of hating VPNs - which has never been true.  My only hatred is for overcharging for features in software in general - and it's not only when it comes to VPNs.  I recommend ExpressVPN because of their not caring when it comes to torrent clients - which is unique in my personal experience.  Torrent clients do have legitimate usages - and especially when it comes to FOSS - which has been true since the 1980s.  I get the blockage when it comes to free-trial users (torrent clients DO strain VPNs - which nobody disputes) so I get why free VPN services - such as ProtonVPN - don't permit them for their free users; still, I point out that ExpressVPN doesn't care - and they don't.  I have also castigated Norton 360's VPN policy - they don't permit VPN usage by torrent clients at all - despite legitimate use cases for torrent clients.

And my response was to the widget question - and I pointed out that the VPN widget was a new one in my experience - and where it came from.  If the widget post is a year old, why did it just show up (as in less than a week ago)?

Take your crazy elsewhere. This post has been dead for 8 months.

image.thumb.png.50e7468795f721bf61a17f5f68c3c0dd.png