How can I stop receiving Windows 11 Insider Preview builds?

I am using Windows 10 build 21390 (May 2021).

I believe I have the Windows Insider Program disabled.

eb_wininsider2.png.ec149fd046aea9456a518cecb6ece3fb.png eb_wininsider3.png.ca15aea32bc0c8869404fe14d443252d.png

However, Windows Update keeps downloading, and wanting me to install, Windows 11 Insider Preview builds.

eb_wininsider1.png.6ad749e8b6696f74567f0f661b1ddbd5.png

Any idea how I can stop this?

Edited by Elliot B.

• Elliot B. changed the title to How can I stop receiving Windows 11 Insider Preview builds?

It looks like you used some registry trick or maybe a tweak program to block telemetry in Windows, unfortunately most of these programs to tweak privacy in Windows 10 do more damage than good, here is a good article that will help you reset your settings https://www.msftnext.com/fix-blank-or-empty-insider-program-settings-page-in-windows-10/

First you have to accept that your machine was tricked into being enrolled with Windows Insider, so fix it first, then you can "leave" the program.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 08/08/2021 at 22:16, Steven P. said:

It looks like you used some registry trick or maybe a tweak program to block telemetry in Windows, unfortunately most of these programs to tweak privacy in Windows 10 do more damage than good, here is a good article that will help you reset your settings https://www.msftnext.com/fix-blank-or-empty-insider-program-settings-page-in-windows-10/

First you have to accept that your machine was tricked into being enrolled with Windows Insider, so fix it first, then you can "leave" the program.

That PowerShell command worked a treat :) Thank you!