The Flash (2022: Warner)

On 20/02/2023 at 12:54, DocM said:

In the DC animated Justice League Unlimited, The Question joins after the  Thanagarian invasion. Voice by Jeffrey Combs.

I haven't followed most animated comic book series (other than the 1960s Hanna Barbera animated Fantastic Four), but I certainly know of Jeffrey Combs!  

I had to look up Thanagarian invasion, not being a follower of Hawkman or that aspect of DC. I was a rabid comics reader of DC, Marvel, and Charlton (mostly the sci-fi anthology titles) until the mid/late 1960s, when I shifted my personal interest/emphasis fully to live-action film and tv. So I've missed a lot over the years! 😮  

• 1 month later...

The Flash tv show ends on May 24th, the movie comes out on June 10th.   I am hoping there's some sort of crossover... obviously not expecting it, just hoping for it with the timing being so close.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/04/2023 at 15:30, Innervisions33 said:

New trailer has popped today!  Less than 2 months to go!

It's looking good so far.

There's also a Japanese trailer that includes other footage if you want to watch it.  Linking a Twitter post with the video here... the one I found on YouTube wasn't in HD for some reason.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Something something release the hype engine. I'm definitely watching this one in theatre. I used to hate on the Michael Keaton Batman movies big-time. Now, I get a sense of nostalgia whenever I hear the Batman '89 theme by Danny Elfman.

• Like 3

On 09/05/2023 at 22:27, Yusuf M. said:

Something something release the hype engine. I'm definitely watching this one in theatre. I used to hate on the Michael Keaton Batman movies big-time. Now, I get a sense of nostalgia whenever I hear the Batman '89 theme by Danny Elfman.

During 1989's opening night, when the BatWing framed itself in front of the Moon the theater freaking exploded. You see very few reactions like that in movies, and that  one was wild. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 09/05/2023 at 22:27, Yusuf M. said:

I might go see it at the 5DriveIn in oakville

On 09/05/2023 at 22:58, DocM said:

During 1989's opening night, when the BatWing framed itself in front of the Moon the theater freaking exploded. You see very few reactions like that in movies, and that  one was wild. 

That's great. The last time I felt so much energy in a theatre was for Avengers: Endgame. I miss the shared excitement.

On 10/05/2023 at 02:52, Matthew S. said:

I might go see it at the 5DriveIn in oakville

Nice. I usually watch it at Cineplex Vaughan. I've never done the drive-in theatre thing. Do you prefer it?

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 23:13, Yusuf M. said:

Nice. I usually watch it at Cineplex Vaughan. I've never done the drive-in theatre thing. Do you prefer it?

Regular weeks, its a double feature, long weekends/holidays it's a triple header :) https://premiertheatres.ca/5drivein

Is that the one just off of Hwy 7? If it is @Razorwing and I met up there once., Actually now that I think about it we've met up briefly before lol

On 12/05/2023 at 03:09, Matthew S. said:

Regular weeks, its a double feature, long weekends/holidays it's a triple header :) https://premiertheatres.ca/5drivein

Is that the one just off of Hwy 7? If it is @Razorwing and I met up there once., Actually now that I think about it we've met up briefly before lol

Yes, that's the one. It's my go-to theatre. Out of all the ones I've been to, that one is still my favourite. I've seen most of the DC movies there. I'm thinking about watching this one the day before its official release. Instead of doing midnight premieres, most theatres show it a full day earlier.

I remember Razorwing. I haven't met him in person but we used to play online games together. And yes! We did meet once. I think it was the summer of 2015.

• Like 1

Only film/tv show this year that I care to see!

(Will be my first time in an indoor theater since the lousy Ant Man and the Wasp, which film put me to sleep almost immediately, lol.)

On 13/05/2023 at 06:43, nerim said:

Only film/tv show this year that I care to see!

(Will be my first time in an indoor theater since the lousy Ant Man and the Wasp, which film put me to sleep almost immediately, lol.)

Sweet lord what a mess of a film that was!

On 13/05/2023 at 04:26, Dick Montage said:

Sweet lord what a mess of a film that was!

Thank you! Yes, it was, wasn't it.

(I've all but given up on modern films, with the exception of the occasional quirky independent ones.)  

On 13/05/2023 at 16:39, nerim said:

quirky independent one

I have seemed to gravitate towards anything released by A24 - not deliberately but loads of enjoyable, less mainstream movies seem to be released through them.

A24 released Sean Baker's RED ROCKET, which has been my #1 favorite film of recent years for sure. Have watched it dozens of times and bought a couple dozen DVDs and Blu-rays to give to friends.

Not exactly the latest trailer for the movie, but it has such a...feel/vibe...that it gives me goosebumps and moist eyes.  

I'm an old widower, but I just asked my best friend (a Trans Lady) to join me for a movie-and-dinner date to this. 

Edited by nerim

On 17/05/2023 at 08:09, nerim said:

Not exactly the latest trailer for the movie, but it has such a...feel/vibe...that it gives me goosebumps and moist eyes.  

I'm an old widower, but I just asked my best friend (a Trans Lady) to join me for a movie-and-dinner date to this. 

Well, that one caught me by surprise. It seemed a bit cheesy at first and then it got me a little emotional. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

I liked it a lot, but my Trans friend decided to go all whiny on me, so I'll have to find someone with more nerve to join me at the movie theater. Too bad. It's not like she was never "gutsy" before. Go figure.

It's a very big deal to her and she's very open about it maybe? I'm used to standing behind her on this. It's what she wants. Why blast me on this? 

Hell, my biggest interest in this film is the return of Michael Shannon playing Zod.

Seems like you'd like me OFF this forum based on previous comments by you. 

So don't worry; I am requesting this of the admins. If successful, I'll be completely gone, and soon.

Edited by nerim
  • Sad 1

On 18/05/2023 at 12:34, nerim said:

It's a very big deal to her and she's very open about it maybe? I'm used to standing behind her on this. It's what she wants. Why blast me on this? 

Hell, my biggest interest in this film is the return of Michael Shannon playing Zod.

Seems like you'd like me OFF this forum based on previous comments by you. 

I have no care either way if you are here or not, moreover even if I did - who am I? I have no sway, nor should I.

I support all my friends and absolutely believe in punching-up where necessary. It just sounded odd, saying “my trans friend” as opposed to “my friend”, as it doesn’t feel relevant to the valid point ur making.

And yea, Shannon is a hell of an actor who Hollywood really shouldn’t be overlooking as much as they are.

On 17/05/2023 at 23:54, Dick Montage said:

That’s REALLY weird!?

What's REALLY weird is your obsession with my posts and your desire to smack me down every chance you get. I say what I do primarily because it's what she/they want, because she definitely reads these pages. 

• Haha 1