The Flash (2022: Warner)

On 18/05/2023 at 08:13, nerim said:

What's REALLY weird is your obsession with my posts and your desire to smack me down every chance you get. I say what I do primarily because it's what she/they want, because she definitely reads these pages. 

His point was, instead of just saying friend you said, trans friend. As the old Tina Turner song says... "What's trans, got to do, got to do with it?" ...oh wait .. 🤣

Ok, now let's all get back on topic.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2023 at 14:13, nerim said:

What's REALLY weird is your obsession with my posts and your desire to smack me down every chance you get. I say what I do primarily because it's what she/they want, because she definitely reads these pages. 

You seem to be a lot more obsessed with me. I have no idea who you are and absolutely no attachment to any former conversations… and yet you seem to be really hung up on them!?

On 20/05/2023 at 04:58, DocM said:

Stephen King weighs in

Random celeb opinion usually means either nothing or they have been sponsored into giving it. King on the other hand tends to just say stuff and I’ve rarely found his movie opinions wrong.

On 22/05/2023 at 10:09, Innervisions33 said:

4 weeks away!  I cannot wait!!!!

26 days or 3 weeks and 5 days, to be exact. 🤓

The DC YouTube channel finally uploaded the final trailer in 4K quality:

I've started rewatching movies ahead of this and watched Batman and Batman Returns the last two nights.  Next up is Man of Steel.  I'll move to BvS:DoJ Ultimate Edition, then Snyder's Justice League.  Aquaman after that most likely since I have a feeling there will be a lead into its sequel from The Flash.  I think that should cover me with the major connections to The Flash movie.  

I am likely going to skip WW, SS, Shazam, TSS, Birds of Prey and WW84, but will get them in if I have some time.  I've seen them all, most multiple times, but none likely have a direct connection to this, especially the backstory WW movies.  I've recently seen Shazam 2 and Black Adam so I'm good there.

Might also throw in Superman and Superman 2.  

I sometimes forget how much better BvS:Doj UE and Zack Snyder's JL are vs their theatrical counterparts.  Infinitely better.  

BvS still has some issues even in the UE, but much more coherent in its story telling.  

1 week away!!!!!

I really enjoyed it!

Surprised I would tbh, but the only thing I hated was the VFX it was really bad in parts

The movie was solid overall, I enjoyed it.  I thought the story was great, it had some pretty funny parts, the action was great and at times grand.  A few parts/moments I could have done without... 1 part I absolutely hated (we can wait a few days before discussing that...).  But overall pretty good.

Some of the effects looked a bit off but nothing looked terrible to me.  

FYI for people going - there is only 1 post-credit scene and it is after all of the credits roll.  I enjoyed it, but if you need to get out of there immediately, you aren't missing anything major.

I haven't seen this yet but I'm hearing that the director of this is going to do the future Batman DCU movie now.

On 14/06/2023 at 21:50, camili932 said:

is it for kids only?

Yes, no adults allowed in the theater. You know pedophiles and all.

On 16/06/2023 at 10:53, Innervisions33 said:

>

Some of the effects looked a bit off but nothing looked terrible to me.  

>

Oddities during Flash's travels were intentional to show his point of view, an example being color shifting, lighting. Likely the Doppler shift of colors etc. I'll have to look up the article I read about it...

Got it...

OTOH, CGI was a problem with the DCEU films  such as Justice League. I don't think James Gunn will put up with that in his films

Edited by DocM

sad that they didnt represent the arrowverse...

• Like 2

On 17/06/2023 at 23:43, camili932 said:

just saw this movie, not bad at all - but 2,5 hours movie is way too long

You young whippersnappers have no endurance 🤣

Hellowship of the Rings: 2h 58m

Gone With The Wind: 3h 47m

Cleopatra: 4h 8m

On 18/06/2023 at 19:12, DocM said:

You young whippersnappers have no endurance 🤣

Hellowship of the Rings: 2h 58m

Gone With The Wind: 3h 47m

Cleopatra: 4h 8m

Indeed!  I went to the theater for the Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Marathon where they showed them all back to back to back.  Fun day!

As for The Flash, I went on opening night and loved it!  I thought Ezra Miller did a great job with the role and all the cameos were amazing!  This is one of the better DC movies in my opinion.  That said, the box office numbers don't look good.

On 17/06/2023 at 11:20, DocM said:

Oddities during Flash's travels were intentional to show his point of view, an example being color shifting, lighting. Likely the Doppler shift of colors etc. I'll have to look up the article I read about it...

Got it...

OTOH, CGI was a problem with the DCEU films  such as Justice League. I don't think James Gunn will put up with that in his films

Yes, I had read that as well so I was aware of that going in.  Like I said, things looked a bit off, but nothing looked terrible to my eyes... so I am buying their story.

On 19/06/2023 at 10:56, Innervisions33 said:

Yes, I had read that as well so I was aware of that going in.  Like I said, things looked a bit off, but nothing looked terrible to my eyes... so I am buying their story.

Yeah, the SFX did indeed look odd when glimpsing into timelines.  That said, they looked soooo off, almost like a straight up cartoon, that it did look purposeful.  Either that, or they were really really short on funding.