Updated to OS12

So I updated my Pixel 4xl to OS12.  I did so by DLing the factoring image and doing a dirty flash.  No issues so far other than sometimes the tap to wake up the phone does not work and I have to reboot.  Same with the face to unlock. 

Do not care to much for the large lock screen clock  but unjoying the other changes.

congrats

ps: anything else you wanna share with us?

On 02/11/2021 at 19:11, Marujan said:

congrats

ps: anything else you wanna share with us?

Err, battery life and OS speed is pretty much the same.  New notification appearance in lock screen and the notification bar.   More material design look.   Uses a little more storage space but not much.  Rooting is the same way but there is a patch for the secure check that needs to be applied in order to pass it.

Edit:  May do a clean flash/install later on when I have more time.

Have any other questions, let me know.

On 02/11/2021 at 21:23, techbeck said:

Err, battery life and OS speed is pretty much the same.  New notification appearance in lock screen and the notification bar.   More material design look.   Uses a little more storage space but not much.  Rooting is the same way but there is a patch for the secure check that needs to be applied in order to pass it.

Edit:  May do a clean flash/install later on when I have more time.

Have any other questions, let me know.

Supposedly it uses 15% less CPU time for OS functions, so that should affect battery life a bit.  Maybe not noticably, but still.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 23:47, Nope said:

Supposedly it uses 15% less CPU time for OS functions, so that should affect battery life a bit.  Maybe not noticably, but still.

My mom and I are both running 12 on our respective Pixel 3a smartphones (Verizon for her, T-Mobile for me).  I clean-flashed; she upgraded,  Both of us are happy campers for the most part; the only quibble is managing voice mail (which both of us have; she gets more than I do).  Has anyone found a free (preferred) app that is compatible with Android 12 that can work with any carrier?

On 23/11/2021 at 15:40, PGHammer said:

My mom and I are both running 12 on our respective Pixel 3a smartphones (Verizon for her, T-Mobile for me).  I clean-flashed; she upgraded,  Both of us are happy campers for the most part; the only quibble is managing voice mail (which both of us have; she gets more than I do).  Has anyone found a free (preferred) app that is compatible with Android 12 that can work with any carrier?

What problem you having with voice mail? 

just got the 12 update on my S21 this weekend myself.

not too many changes on the surface. biggest thing I've noticed is improvements to notification interaction and updated permissions dialog for location services.

On 29/11/2021 at 10:52, Brandon H said:

just got the 12 update on my S21 this weekend myself.

not too many changes on the surface. biggest thing I've noticed is improvements to notification interaction and updated permissions dialog for location services.

I noticed a lot of new small services getting updated in the Play Store too (in the beta, so that might not show up right away.)