smartphone does a monopoly of websites, apps, social networks, etc?

On pc and notebook you can see several websites, have different options for different programs to use, use different search engines, some different video channels, unknown social networks, etc. On the smartphone, there is only one social network; facebook, a single video site; youtube ends up installing only the most popular programs, it only uses google, etc. Which generates a superficiality and monopoly.

• Facepalm 2

On 16/11/2021 at 09:24, Jim K said:

huh?  

on the windows pc you can install several programs, but on the smartphone you can only install the programs that are in the catalog.

on windows you can use several browsers and open several tabs, on the smartphone you only open one or a few tabs. on your smartphone you only access facebook, on pc windows you can access other unpopular social networks.

etc

On 16/11/2021 at 07:27, kifirefox said:

on the windows pc you can install several programs, but on the smartphone you can only install the programs that are in the catalog.

on windows you can use several browsers and open several tabs, on the smartphone you only open one or a few tabs. on your smartphone you only access facebook, on pc windows you can access other unpopular social networks.

etc

Without knowing the specific websites you're referring to ... if those websites create an app then Google/Apple will host it.  If they don't create an app...then hopefully their website is mobile friendly.  If they do neither...it really isn't the fault of Google/Apple.  Though, I'm still not entirely sure if the point you're trying to make.

On 16/11/2021 at 07:33, Nick H. said:

My smartphone has several browsers, and more tabs open than my laptop. :blink:

I don't understand the point about smartphone apps. 

Depends I guess.  Personally, my banking apps are far easier to use than their mobile website.  Same with YouTube.  Some sites like Twitter/Reddit ... I just use the browser.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2021 at 12:08, kifirefox said:

On the smartphone, there is only one social network; facebook,

Not true

a single video site; youtube

Not true

ends up installing only the most popular programs

You install what you want to install

it only uses google

Not true

On 16/11/2021 at 07:33, Nick H. said:

and more tabs open than my laptop. :blink:

That does not sound fun! I loath using the internet on a smart phone.

On 16/11/2021 at 09:08, warwagon said:

I'm sorry! 🤣 That does not sound fun! I loath using the internet on a smart phone.

Well I read neowin and other tech / entertaining sites on the phone way more then on PC.

My brave browser has 20+ tabs open sometimes.

I don't think I ever opened so many tabs on PC 

Anyway the OP is wrong. I use unpopular Mighty Networks for social media.

There is a good chose of communication apps like telegram and you certainly don't have to use Google - it is just convenient to..

Other video sites are easily accessible through browsers too, they might even be apps for them but I did not need them so far for short videos like similar to YouTube and you know that certain hub ;) but for movies and shows I have amazon and Netflix 

So I really don't get the original post ...

On 16/11/2021 at 08:17, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Well I read neowin and other tech / entertaining sites on the phone way more then on PC.

My brave browser has 20+ tabs open sometimes.

I'm old fashion, I feel WAY more productive with a monitor mouse and keyboard. Probably because I'm also typing a lot and also loath cellphone onscreen keyboards.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2021 at 09:43, warwagon said:

I'm old fashion, I feel WAY more productive with a monitor mouse and keyboard. Probably because I'm also typing a lot and also loath cellphone onscreen keyboards.

I got used to it though it is probably not the best option. If you practice enough you can use onscreen pretty well.

Also I don't always want to run to my PC. 

If your case you are surrounded by them so I can see why you always use it. 

I still think that pc can open more tabs and more browsers than a smartphone. because i open more than 100 tabs, and i use firefox add on, snaplink and open 10 or more tabs at the same time. it's a lot more sites i visit on pc than on android smartphone.

On 17/11/2021 at 07:52, kifirefox said:

I still think that pc can open more tabs and more browsers than a smartphone. because i open more than 100 tabs, and i use firefox add on, snaplink and open 10 or more tabs at the same time. it's a lot more sites i visit on pc than on android smartphone.

outside of flagships, most smartphones still only have like 2GB RAM, that's going to be your only limiting factor on how many tabs can be open.

you can open as many tabs as you want on your smartphone browser of choice, doesn't mean performance isn't going to drop at a certain point (unless the browser starts putting tabs to sleep which many modern browsers do now thankfully)