JPMorgan on Metaverse

JPMorgan on Metaverse

Metaverse news

US-based banking giant JPMorgan hinted at its new focus on the metaverse, claiming that "when you think about the economics of the metaverse—or metanomics—there are opportunities in almost every market area" and it will also provide "a massive opportunity for business-to-business enterprises." Also, in their new report, the bank said that its "core competencies in cross-border payments, foreign exchange, financial assets creation, trading, and safekeeping, in addition to our at-scale consumer foothold, can play a major role in the metaverse."

https://cryptonews.com/news/jpmorgan-metaverse-digital-ruble-trial-binance-chain-rebrands-more-news.htm

Edited by NFT_QUEEN

JPMorgan: Metaverse Could Be $1 Trillion Annual Market

Key Takeaways

• JPMorgan has published a paper detailing the many opportunities surrounding the Metaverse. The paper forecasted a $1 trillion market opportunity.
  • JPMorgan has also opened a lounge in Decentraland.
  • The Metaverse has become a major trend in the crypto space over the last few months, and other institutional players have made similarly bold predictions about its future.

JPMorgan has published a paper on the Metaverse, estimating that the emergent virtual space could be a $1 trillion annual market opportunity. The investment bank has also opened a lounge in Decentraland. 

JPMorgan Jumps Into the Metaverse

JPMorgan has begun to explore the Metaverse.

The American investment bank has published a paper titled “Opportunities in the metaverse: How businesses can explore the metaverse and navigate the hype vs. reality” in which managing directors Christine Moy and Adit Gadgil have laid out a possible future for the Metaverse. In it, they wrote that the Metaverse could be a $1 trillion annual market opportunity because “it will likely infiltrate every sector in some way in the coming years.”

https://cryptobriefing.com/jpmorgan-metaverse-could-be-1-trillion-annual-market/?utm_source=tradingview_tickers_old&utm_medium=rss

Edited by NFT_QUEEN

I'm really liking the definition they've provided in their report:

What is the metaverse? The metaverse is a seamless convergence of our physical and digital lives, creating a unified, virtual community where we can work, play, relax, transact and socialize. The metaverse is still early in its evolution, and there is no singular, all-encompassing definition to which people can turn. Themes of what the metaverse is and could be, however, are emerging. A key point is that there is no one virtual world but many worlds, which are taking shape to enable people to deepen and extend social interactions digitally. This is done by adding an immersive, three-dimensional layer to the web, creating more authentic and natural experiences. The metaverse even has the promise of facilitating accessibility from the comfort of the home, breaking down boundaries and democratizing access to key goods, services and experiences.

Edited by NFT_QUEEN

I just hope it does not go the way of Ready Player One.

People happy to be boss on Metaverse but in real life they are eating McD in a van becuase they are no one.

Living an awesome virtual life is no substitute for real life .. just ask Japanase workers who live in a coffin shaped booth - and they don't care because after work they game.

They have no life outside of work and play.  No real person connection no family no house no vacations around the world to see the wonders of natural and human creativity.

It sounds so sad.

Anyway where do I put my money now to get profit from this ;)

On 16/02/2022 at 20:05, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I just hope it does not go the way of Ready Player One.

People happy to be boss on Metaverse but in real life they are eating McD in a van becuase they are no one.

Living an awesome virtual life is no substitute for real life .. just ask Japanase workers who live in a coffin shaped booth - and they don't care because after work they game.

They have no life outside of work and play.  No real person connection no family no house no vacations around the world to see the wonders of natural and human creativity.

It sounds so sad.

Those are ALL very valid points of course. The reality portrayed in Ready Player One is a dystopia. No one in their sane mind would want that.

Anyway where do I put my money now to get profit from this ;)

Your financial advisor will gladly help you find what you're looking for ;) 

Fortunately, the Canadian Securities Laws on crypto are pretty progressive, way ahead of those in the south.

On 16/02/2022 at 16:17, neufuse said:

This whole metaverse thing to me screams of the Second Life hype from a while ago........ that turned into..... not much... everyone had to be in second life!

Not the same at all this time. It was just a game on one platform then. It's many games, Apps, businesses, platforms, companies and a multitude of devices this time.

On 16/02/2022 at 16:22, Ely said:

Not the same at all this time. It was just a game on one platform then. It's many games, Apps, businesses, platforms, companies and a multitude of devices this time.

in the end people will react the same... the concept of walking around and doing stuff in a 3d world with an avatar to most is kinda meh, some think its cool but most will take a look and then not use it in a while 

This JPMorgan Strategist Is Extremely Bearish on Crypto. Here's Why

David Kelly, JPMorgan Asset Management chief global strategist, has predicted that cryptocurrency market investors will face “massive losses” in an interview with Business Insider:

At some stage, I expect to see massive losses in crypto, because there is nothing there.

Kelly sees the U.S. Federal Reserve’s upcoming interest rate hikes as the main bearish catalyst for the cryptocurrency market. A hawkish Fed will put an end to the speculative mania that kicked into high gear in 2021, according to the analyst. He believes that the central bank could potentially catch investors off guard by hiking interest rates more decisively than anticipated.

https://u.today/this-jpmorgan-strategist-is-extremely-bearish-on-crypto-heres-why