Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight (Disney+)

Didn't see a topic about this upcoming series.

No idea who this character is .. but the trailer looks good.

Starts March 30th.

• Like 2

Doesn't look too bad. I will say that the Disney+ series have been entertaining with Loki being the best so far (my own opinion). Looking forward to more of these!

Unfortunately, this happened...

Gaspard Ulliel: Moon Knight actor dies aged 37 after ski accident

_122883662_frenchactor.jpg

French actor Gaspard Ulliel, who is set to appear in Marvel's forthcoming TV series Moon Knight, has died aged 37.

His family told news agency AFP he died on Wednesday following a skiing accident in the Alps.

Ulliel, one of France's best-known actors, has appeared in It's Only the End of the World and Saint Laurent, the biopic of the French fashion designer.

The actor was skiing in the Savoie region on Tuesday when he collided with another person.

He suffered severe brain trauma and was airlifted to a hospital in Grenoble, where he died the next day.

The other skier was not hospitalised and an investigation is now under way.

The news of his death came just a day after the trailer for Moon Knight, in which he stars as Midnight Man, was released online.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60054237

Tragic fate for someone who'd just made the "big time". :(  

Of course, this also means the future of this show, not even aired yet, is not looking so good.

• Sad 3

don't know the actor or the character he was going to portray but either way that's tragic to hear. my heart goes out to his family and friends.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

First episode was pretty good ... though if you haven't watched it yet, I would probably wait until the second episode drops to watch them back-to-back (I wasn't exactly thrilled how Ep 1 ended).

I agree. I hate when they do this in the first episode.  It was a good start though. 

They should have started the episode with Moon Night being "out" per say and then should had a bunch of flashbacks into how the character became the Noon Night over a few episodes. But with that said. The first episode was okay, just not exciting to grab people's attention.

I don't think I've ever heard of this Marvel character, so it is totally new to me.

I like what I've seen so far, I play marvel strike force and use moon knight a lot so I'm happy to see his backstory. I can understand they need to do a lot of setup but I really hope the cgi is better going forward.. the car scenes were very low effort for what marvel can do

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good in my book... I knew nothing about this character going into this show and the 1st episode sold me on this likely being a fun ride. 

Curious to see how this plays into the greater Marvel universe.

I'm really enjoying this series as well.

Hopefully, Oscar Isaac will sign on for another season or appear in a movie being he only signed on for just this season only.

• Like 1

It's been good, step up from the last few shows which were your average marvel affair, nothing to write home about.  It helps that I only know the basics about him compared to other characters, things are more mysterious so that helps draw you in.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show so far. More then I expected giving that most marvel shows make me quit after 2 episodes and I tried quite a few. Few of them I push through but still quit after maybe 5-6 episodes and regret the wasted time.

Anyway - this one for some reason gripped me - maybe becuase of it been unpredictable to me and ancient lore.

Hope this show can continue. 

Off topic - what is the best marvel tv show out of all that were released in last 10 years????

On 11/04/2022 at 13:06, E.Worm Jimmy said:

Off topic - what is the best marvel tv show out of all that were released in last 10 years????

Daredevil.

On 11/04/2022 at 13:10, SidVicious said:

Daredevil.

I will check it out. The movie was meh... But I will check out the show now

Episode 3 was your typical world /lore building but had its action scenes.   It's still that same formula though, good guys are always a few steps behind or their situation gets worse just to see them pull out the win in the final moments. 

Would be nice to change this up you know. 

On 11/04/2022 at 18:06, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I enjoyed the show so far. More then I expected giving that most marvel shows make me quit after 2 episodes and I tried quite a few. Few of them I push through but still quit after maybe 5-6 episodes and regret the wasted time.

Anyway - this one for some reason gripped me - maybe becuase of it been unpredictable to me and ancient lore.

The credits music for episode 3 was great mising old style with new ;) 

On 14/04/2022 at 12:43, Steven P. said:

The credits music for episode 3 was great mising old style with new ;) 

The music has been on point for sure.

I'm waiting for the Series to end so I can binge-watch it. That's just my style.

That being said, the loss of an Actor rarely stops production if the ratings are good...

they'll either re-cast or write the character off. 

The ending of Ep 4 ... what the hell.  So weird.

Minor spoilers

Spoiler

Did like the Indiana Jones vibes from this episode.  Guess no more "Moon Knight" until the final episode ... only 2 left I believe.  Ep 3 and 4 were...meh...IMO.  

On 21/04/2022 at 12:41, Jim K said:

Minor spoilers

Hide contents

Did like the Indiana Jones vibes from this episode.  Guess no more "Moon Knight" until the final episode ... only 2 left I believe.  Ep 3 and 4 were...meh...IMO.  

Yeah, fwiw I'm struggling to take to this one.

Really warming to Halo though.

On 21/04/2022 at 05:41, Jim K said:

Minor spoilers

Hide contents

Spoiler

Indiana Jones?  I got more The Mummy vibes, the original not the remake with Cruise.   And the ending was a nice misdirect IMO.  There were fan theories out there than all of or part of what was going on was in Marks/Stevens head, that he was just crazy and seeing things.  So they leaned into that to start and get that WTF moment, then we find out it's probably some psudo-afterlife thing as we see the Egyptian god hippo show up etc, probably to pull him out of there and bring him back to life.  

On 21/04/2022 at 03:22, George P said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Indiana Jones?  I got more The Mummy vibes, the original not the remake with Cruise.   And the ending was a nice misdirect IMO.  There were fan theories out there than all of or part of what was going on was in Marks/Stevens head, that he was just crazy and seeing things.  So they leaned into that to start and get that WTF moment, then we find out it's probably some psudo-afterlife thing as we see the Egyptian god hippo show up etc, probably to pull him out of there and bring him back to life.  

Love it. For some reason I am really into this! 

All of it. This has to be the only Marvel show I really care about. Hope they keep it going somehow even with replacement actor for next season to replace the unfortunate passing.

Either way... I think I find Egypt fascinating... Otherwise I have no idea why I love it so much

This show ... such a snail's pace.

Spoiler for Ep 5

Spoiler

What I still don't get ... Marc created Steven to endure his abusive mother.  Steven loves his mother.  However, when mom was beating on the door and before she came in with the belt ... Marc switched to Steven who apparently took the beating.  Like...what???  I've read that there is a third "person" ... a Jake who actually took the beatings.  However, if that is the case how does the scale becoming balanced after Steven goes overboard.

Not really spoilers below...just a rant about the show in general.

Spoiler

Moon Knight sans Moon Knight ... seems like they could have have explained Marc/Steven and how they became Moon Knight within an episode or two...not using the whole dang season (or revealing it within episodes of Moon Knight doing Moon Knight stuff).  Hard to care for the backstory of a character when you never see the character to care about.  

Just not really impressed with this show.  Just kinda boring IMO.

• Like 2