Marvel Studios’ Moon Knight (Disney+)

On 28/04/2022 at 07:27, Jim K said:

This show ... such a snail's pace.

Spoiler for Ep 5

Hide contents

What I still don't get ... Marc created Steven to endure his abusive mother.  Steven loves his mother.  However, when mom was beating on the door and before she came in with the belt ... Marc switched to Steven who apparently took the beating.  Like...what???  I've read that there is a third "person" ... a Jake who actually took the beatings.  However, if that is the case how does the scale becoming balanced after Steven goes overboard.

Not really spoilers below...just a rant about the the show in general.

Hide contents

Moon Knight sans Moon Knight ... seems like they could have have explained Marc/Steven and how they became Moon Knight within an episode or two...not using the whole dang season (or revealing it within episodes of Moon Knight doing Moon Knight stuff).  Hard to care for the backstory of a character when you never see the character to care about.  

Just not really impressed with this show.  Just kinda boring IMO.

It was such a good start... But went completely downhill

On 28/04/2022 at 13:27, Jim K said:

This show ... such a snail's pace.

Spoiler for Ep 5

Hide contents

What I still don't get ... Marc created Steven to endure his abusive mother.  Steven loves his mother.  However, when mom was beating on the door and before she came in with the belt ... Marc switched to Steven who apparently took the beating.  Like...what???  I've read that there is a third "person" ... a Jake who actually took the beatings.  However, if that is the case how does the scale becoming balanced after Steven goes overboard.

Not really spoilers below...just a rant about the show in general.

Hide contents

Moon Knight sans Moon Knight ... seems like they could have have explained Marc/Steven and how they became Moon Knight within an episode or two...not using the whole dang season (or revealing it within episodes of Moon Knight doing Moon Knight stuff).  Hard to care for the backstory of a character when you never see the character to care about.  

Just not really impressed with this show.  Just kinda boring IMO.

I agree, and although I was already tired I dozed off a few times and had to rewind Lol. I do not have a problem like that with "Evil" (the TV show) ;) 

On 28/04/2022 at 07:27, Jim K said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I was a bit confused with that as well.

I'm still liking the show though. I like the psychological aspect and that it's not the typical superhero story. Oscar Isaac is really good in it too.

I'm still enjoying the show and not finding it slow paced at all.  Last episode was a lot of unpacking, the proverbial life flashing before your eyes; cliff note version.

On 29/04/2022 at 22:17, primortal said:

I'm still enjoying the show and not finding it slow paced at all.  Last episode was a lot of unpacking, the proverbial life flashing before your eyes; cliff note version.

It was a good episode, gave us more info and character development.

Spoiler

We also find out which of the personalities is the original at this point.  Still think there's a 3rd one there we haven't seen yet that they've hinted at a few times.

Thought it was a great final episode and closed the story... 

... but I still have no idea what the hell is going on and how it connects.  I realize I am beating a dead horse but that's still where I firmly sit here.  

Either way, I like the character and welcome future connections with the Marvel Universe, however they go about that.

On 04/05/2022 at 21:07, Innervisions33 said:

... but I still have no idea what the hell is going on and how it connects.  I realize I am beating a dead horse but that's still where I firmly sit here.  

Either way, I like the character and welcome future connections with the Marvel Universe, however they go about that.

I think it might connect later, it's just another show/story that expands the MCU, now you have the idea of "Gods".  While Eternals opened it up to the idea of the Celestials.   Loki and SNWH gave us the idea of the multiverse to, and so on and so forth.  They're using each movie and show to just keep expanding the MCU.    Don't be surprised if in a few yeas we run into The One Above All (Marvel version of God), at some point.

On 04/05/2022 at 14:07, Innervisions33 said:

The creators behind the series wanted it to be disconnected from the MCU to give it a standalone feel.  There's been easter eggs in a few episodes they do tie it back to the MCU indirectly.

For one, the first episode there a book about Wakanda and Asgard.  Also, speculation is that the cell phone Steven found in the apartment was popular before the blip.

I really enjoyed the entire season and hope Oscar Isaac is willing to do another season being they ending with finally revealing the third personality.

Great cast... amazing performance by Isaac.  

That is the only positive thing about this show (especially episodes 3-6).  It was boring, confusing and I didn't feel myself caring for any of the characters or that drawn out storyline.

Maybe if I knew who Moon Knight was or had seen him in previous movies/shows....

Spoiler

I would have cared more.  Instead, all I've gathered is Moon Knight is a troubled person with multiple (3x, though his heart still balanced the scale ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯) personality disorder and an Egyptian god uses his body as an avatar...giving him some kind of power to do something (hell, we rarely saw him in action...just blackouts and then everyone around was dead).

meh. Was actually relieved that Ep. 6 was kinda short so I could get back to Ozark.

Disney sure loves sand.

On 05/05/2022 at 23:26, FloatingFatMan said:

Moon Knight is a pretty Z tier character... I'm surprised Disney bothered TBH...

Did you miss the memo where it is now cool to make minor characters into something bigger?

It probably started around the Kick Ass (2010) time (which I totally love btw) where a minor sideshow tries to become a major superhero and we've had multiple spins offs since.

Instead of just franchise reboots or a prequel, or a sibling (looking at you Spock) that suddenly exists, you can create a whole new branch by creating an entire show around a sidekick, like Obi-Wan, The Mandalorian etc.

Next we'll have a show centered around Kirk's brother since he's now in Strange New Worlds 😛 

On 05/05/2022 at 17:54, Steven P. said:

Did you miss the memo where it is now cool to make minor characters into something bigger?

It probably started around the Kick Ass (2010) time (which I totally love btw) where a minor sideshow tries to become a major superhero and we've had multiple spins offs since.

Instead of just franchise reboots or a prequel, or a sibling (looking at you Spock) that suddenly exists, you can create a whole new branch by creating an entire show around a sidekick, like Obi-Wan, The Mandalorian etc.

Next we'll have a show centered around Kirk's brother since he's now in Strange New Worlds 😛 

Kick-Ass is such a fun movie.  That final battle ... chef's kiss.  Kick-Ass 2...was eh...ok, I guess.

They're just picking from the large list of characters who they think can work for them.  What show are they doing next btw?  I don't keep track.  

On 06/05/2022 at 02:42, George P said:

They're just picking from the large list of characters who they think can work for them.  What show are they doing next btw?  I don't keep track.  

Ms. Marvel is next.  June 8th on Disney+

...it doesn't look very good IMO.  Looks like a Disney show for kids....but I'll give it a shot when it drops.

A She-Hulk (Tatiana Maslany :) ) series should also be dropping sometime this year.

On 06/05/2022 at 14:02, Jim K said:

...it doesn't look very good IMO.  Looks like a Disney show for kids....but I'll give it a shot when it drops.

A She-Hulk (Tatiana Maslany :) ) series should also be dropping sometime this year.

Oh man now that you said it I remembered those two are on the way, just shows how uninterested I am in them.

On 06/05/2022 at 13:57, George P said:

Oh man now that you said it I remembered those two are on the way, just shows how uninterested I am in them.

No thanks.

On 06/05/2022 at 06:02, Jim K said:

Tatiana in Orphan Black is one of the best performances of a actor in cinema history IMO. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 06/05/2022 at 06:02, Jim K said:

I was wrong about this....

I'm actually quite enjoying Ms. Marvel ... much more so than Moon Knight.  

On 06/05/2022 at 08:12, Steven P. said:

No thanks.

Agreed - I'm getting really turned off with how Disney is pushing so much nonsense into films with the branches.

The Ms Marvel thing ehh no thanks as well...