New ‘Alien’ Movie in the Works With ‘Don’t Breathe’ Filmmaker Fede Alvarez (Exclusive)

Gm, frens!

New ‘Alien’ Movie in the Works With ‘Don’t Breathe’ Filmmaker Fede Alvarez (Exclusive)

20th Century picked up the project “purely off the strength of Fede’s pitch,” said division president Steve Asbell. “It was just a really good story with a bunch of characters you haven’t seen before.”

Álvarez’s take is being kept deep inside the studio’s chest cavity, but sources describe it as unconnected to the previous movies.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/alien-movie-fede-alvarez-20th-century-studios-1235037155/

• Thanks 1

Oh gods no.  It will be crap, you all know it will.  There hasn't been a good Alien franchise movie since Aliens.

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Excellent.  These Aliens can exist in more than one storyline, it would be almost weird if they didn't.

Personally, I loved Alien3 for what it was, and Resurrection had some interesting ideas that it just abandoned too quickly.

On 05/03/2022 at 09:37, Dick Montage said:

Excellent.  These Aliens can exist in more than one storyline, it would be almost weird if they didn't.

Personally, I loved Alien3 for what it was, and Resurrection had some interesting ideas that it just abandoned too quickly.

I did not. But I still want the franchise to continue.

A bad movie is still more then no movie.also define bad. Yeah not.perfect

On 05/03/2022 at 15:28, E.Worm Jimmy said:

I did not. But I still want the franchise to continue.

A bad movie is still more then no movie.also define bad. Yeah not.perfect

There have been WAAAAY too many bloody awful continuations or reboots of existing franchises these last few years to trust anyone in the media industry as far as I can throw a planet.

I'd rather they make new stuff instead of screwing up beloved franchises... We've already lost too much because of big headed di**s who think they know better than the existing fanbase.

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2022 at 09:43, warwagon said:

Prometheus is one of my favorite movies.

I like the 1st movie. Alien. Loved the horror aspect of it. 

On 05/03/2022 at 08:43, warwagon said:

Prometheus is one of my favorite movies.

You know what, I hated Prometheus. However I'm no Alien diehardfan.
Maybe it was my adult critital thinking but there were MANY sitations where the plot was dumb because of awful plot. If they had actually thought of that, it would had been a great movie.

I can remember of 2 situations. When they enter a cave and some random guy starts playing and touching eggs out of no where. My human instint says, if you don't know what it is. Don't startle with it. Heck If I would happen to be in the middle of the Amazon in the middle of the jungle. I wouldn't go around probing unknown fauna. So much less something light years away.

Also, when one of the crew member had to stay in a cave and the ship was orbiting above so out of nowhere the captain and some random guy have sex in the bridge while that crew member is having a hard time. Sure, I'm  a guy and when you're horny, doesn't matter where you want to do it. But come on!. These are scientists and some merceneries that were hand picked. They aren't some random GI Joe, trigger happpy, horny teenagers that were sent light years so they could easily mess up the mission which the corportation spend billions (trillions?) on. Again, going back to earth. I'm prettt sure with a couple of million you could pay people who's only mind in their world is to protect the assets/mission.

Like I said, maybe it's my adult critical thinking. But even on sci fi movies, I would like some thought on the plot

• Like 2