India tour of Pakistan

Finally, after a long long time. So, who do you think will do good in these series? My bet is on India, Dravid is in top form right now and they have got Tendulkar in their lineup and other great batsmen ofcourse . Pakistan is a noob team right now but Shoaib Akhtar deifinatley kicks ass;). The bad thing is almost all of the good players(of Pakistan) have retired. :(

I will be watching out for these series. :) :yes: :cool:

Edited by hsn

Finally, after two long years. So, who do you think will do good in these series? My bet is on India, Dravid is in top form right now and they have got Tendulkar in their lineup and other great batsmen ofcourse . Pakistan is a noob team right now but Shoaib Akhtar deifinatley kicks ass;). The bad thing is almost all of the good players(of Pakistan) have retired. :(

I will be watching out for these series. :) :yes: :cool:

i would say its 50:50 anybody can win..

most of the *experienced* indian bowlers are injured -Zaheer, Agarkar, Harbhajan, Anil so the indian team has to depend only on batsmen(most of them are out of orm except Dravid and Laxman) and other young players

I dont think PAK is a noob team- they have players like Inzi, Youhana, Younis K, Akhtar, Sami(hes also a good bowler)

My BET would be on IND *if* "Pathan" Screws PAK's batting lineup and Tendulkar hitting Shoaib out of the ground!! :yes:

lol india is playing the best cricket they've played in years...

didn't you guys learn anything from the natwest trophy? we no longer depend JUST on tendulkar to save the day!

the batting depth is spectacular... i dunno about the injuries, i'm pretty certain those are out of the way

pakistan india games are so anticipated, there's nothing like them... but india will just beat the **** out of them

pakistan has suxed for quite a while... (remember the world cup semifinals? I CERTAINLY DO.)

GO INDIA!

I'm placing my bet on India. Even though I want Pakistan to win, they are going to lose badly I'm afraid.

India are playing some of their best cricket in years, they no longer depend just on Tendulkar.

Pakistan on the other hand, have a very crappy captain in my opinion (Inzimam), and that is why Pakistan is going to lose.

Moin is a bad captain if there is anyone who deserves to be a captain in the Pakistan side its Youhanna he is tactically very sound and is an aggressive captain pretty much like Stephen Flemming.

• 2 weeks later...

Pakistan's 336-4 from 46 overs in reply to India's (good) score of 335, is really something. India's run rate was 6.7, making Pakistan's 7.3. That's going some. Seems Pakistan have a really strong youth squad at the moment, they'll sure be going places.

Wow, I was greatly surprised at that! We surely do have a great youth squad and it looks like the future is bright for the Pakistani team! Hopefully our senior team can do as much :rolleyes:

Moin is a bad captain if there is anyone who deserves to be a captain in the Pakistan side its Youhanna he is tactically very sound and is an aggressive captain pretty much like Stephen Flemming.

I agree with you.

Can't wait for tonight's game. First match. Yesterday's vicotry WAS surprising agains the Indian seniors. Looks like Pakistan future does look bright. As o_87 said, I hope Pakistani seniors play as good as the juniors, as they thrashed India horribly. ;)

Entire nation is waiting for tomorrow's match at my birth city Karachi, it's gonna be fabolous and may the best team win on that day, Juniors Go (Y) you sure showed that even a mammoth score like 335 can be chased, it has put tremendous pressure on the senior team for tomorrow's match.

yo baby!

India Wins the first match! [Thank God]

(tday was my last exam and most of my mind was into the match)

i think the turning point was :-

-Inzi's dismisal.

-Ashish Nehra's brilliant last over.

-Shoaib Malik's catch by M Kaif was absolutely brilliant which brought Rana to the crease.

wat do u think was the turning point?

I'm placing my bet on India. Even though I want Pakistan to win, they are going to lose badly I'm afraid.

India are playing some of their best cricket in years, they no longer depend just on Tendulkar.

Pakistan on the other hand, have a very crappy captain in my opinion (Inzimam), and that is why Pakistan is going to lose.

LOL you were saying, Pakistan gonna loose badly :p

Great Game, I ordered Sky Sports for this, gonna be the best series ever!

Here's the score card:-

India innings (50 overs maximum) R M B 4 6

V Sehwag b Naved-ul-Hasan 79 85 57 14 1

SR Tendulkar c Naved-ul-Hasan b Shoaib Akhtar 28 49 35 4 1

*SC Ganguly c & b Naved-ul-Hasan 45 82 47 3 2

+R Dravid b Shoaib Akhtar 99 127 104 8 0

Yuvraj Singh c Yasir Hameed b Naved-ul-Hasan 3 11 9 0 0

M Kaif lbw b Mohammad Sami 46 72 56 4 0

HK Badani not out 8 14 5 1 0

Z Khan b Mohammad Sami 0 3 2 0 0

M Kartik not out 3 6 5 0 0

Extras (b 1, lb 7, w 10, nb 20) 38

Total (7 wickets, 50 overs, 228 mins) 349

DNB: L Balaji, A Nehra.

FoW: 1-69 (Tendulkar, 8.6 ov), 2-142 (Sehwag, 14.2 ov),

3-214 (Ganguly, 26.2 ov), 4-220 (Yuvraj Singh, 28.4 ov),

5-338 (Dravid, 47.5 ov), 6-344 (Kaif, 48.3 ov),

7-344 (Khan, 48.5 ov).

Bowling O M R W

Shoaib Akhtar 10 0 55 2 (3nb, 6w)

Mohammad Sami 10 0 74 2 (5nb, 3w)

Naved-ul-Hasan 10 0 73 3 (7nb)

Abdul Razzaq 9 0 83 0 (4nb)

Shoaib Malik 10 0 50 0 (1nb)

Yasir Hameed 1 0 6 0

Pakistan innings (target: 350 runs from 50 overs) R M B 4 6

Yasir Hameed b Balaji 7 26 13 0 0

Imran Farhat c Dravid b Khan 24 34 29 4 0

Yousuf Youhana c sub (IK Pathan) b Sehwag 73 98 68 5 4

*Inzamam-ul-Haq c Dravid b Kartik 122 154 104 12 2

Younis Khan b Kartik 46 75 49 4 1

Abdul Razzaq b Khan 27 22 16 2 1

+Moin Khan c Khan b Nehra 16 35 17 0 0

Shoaib Malik c Kaif b Khan 7 15 5 0 0

Naved-ul-Hasan not out 3 8 4 0 0

Extras (lb 10, w 7, nb 2) 19

Total (8 wickets, 50 overs, 238 mins) 344

DNB: Mohammad Sami, Shoaib Akhtar.

FoW: 1-32 (Yasir Hameed, 6.2 ov), 2-34 (Imran Farhat, 7.4 ov),

3-169 (Yousuf Youhana, 27.4 ov), 4-278 (Inzamam-ul-Haq, 42.1 ov),

5-305 (Younis Khan, 44.5 ov), 6-322 (Abdul Razzaq, 46.4 ov),

7-340 (Shoaib Malik, 48.5 ov), 8-344 (Moin Khan, 49.6 ov).

Bowling O M R W

Balaji 10 1 56 1 (1w)

Khan 10 0 66 3 (2nb, 2w)

Nehra 10 0 58 1 (1w)

Kartik 10 0 74 2 (3w)

Ganguly 1 0 14 0

Tendulkar 3 0 34 0

Sehwag 6 0 32 1

050577.jpgInzamam-ul-Haq on his way to a magnificent hundred, Pakistan v India, 1st ODI, Karachi, March 13, 2004

050569.jpgRahul Dravid hits out on his way to 99, Pakistan v India, 1st ODI, Karachi, March 13, 2004

what a shame, i really though pakistan would have pulled it off :(

o well, better luck next time for pakistan inzi put in a superb effort...

btw do you people know where i can watch the matches online, coz willow.tv, isnt letting me buy a package and my sky tv is bRok3... :(

and i dont want to listen to the next match on radio and whilst pressing f5 on live scorecards :p

I agree. It was an awesome match. I thought Pakistan would just lose when their first to players got out. But Youhana and Inzamam did a fantastic job. And as g3nu1n3 says, the extras were the problem otherwise we could've snatched an easy victory. If India lost the match, it could've been the highest chase ever in history and they would've lost the third time after batting first and setting a target over 300.

I was really hoping that history will repeat itself in the last over, but Moin just couldn't pull off that six otherwise it could've been amazing. But, I am a happy that Pakistan did a superb job. :)

Wow, what an amazing game! Very good till the last over! Pakistan's defeat was brought about by the number of extra they conceded. If only they had not conceded so much...