Can I replace Win-11 with Win-7 in a brand New System ?

On 26/07/2022 at 05:26, dan99t said:

So are you using win-10 OR 11 ?

Look at my OS. on the left side. 😛

On 26/07/2022 at 06:07, dan99t said:

Are you using Win-11 & if yes can you resolve the issues of Tiny Fonts + Clipped Fonts as shown in attachments please ? And if you are using multi monitors then the issue of having 2 monitors a different resolution out of 8 that I tried to use ? I have tried every possible combination of different text size & scale but nothing works. I have been using Win-7 for last 10 years with 12 Monitors & older workstation with no such problems.

Many Thanks.

Very Small Unreadable Text Size ( Fonts ).png

Clipped Fonts.png

I do not mess with text sizes so can't comment on that piece. I don't think MS has put much work into that specific accessibility setting in the new file explorer and such.

I do also use my machine at a distance though; it's on my HTPC setup in my living room on a 40" TV. I don't mess with text sizes as that's known to give inconsistent results; especially when browsing the web because many elements may have font size tags to force their sizes. I just have my DPI set to 200% and that does plenty for me.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, what were the exact steps you took to change the size of the text in Windows 11?  In other words, if you were to talk me through doing this over the phone where I could not see the screen, what instructions would I have to follow step-by-step to increase the font size in order to reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 26/07/2022 at 06:07, dan99t said:

Are you using Win-11 & if yes can you resolve the issues of Tiny Fonts + Clipped Fonts as shown in attachments please ? And if you are using multi monitors then the issue of having 2 monitors a different resolution out of 8 that I tried to use ? I have tried every possible combination of different text size & scale but nothing works. I have been using Win-7 for last 10 years with 12 Monitors & older workstation with no such problems.

Many Thanks.

Very Small Unreadable Text Size ( Fonts ).png

Clipped Fonts.png

i'm on windows 11 and I tried cranking the text up and the DPI all at the same time and individually and it all worked. 

DPI.jpg