Photo of The Full Moon

I just took this photo of the Moon with my Canon T6 and the 200mm lens that came with the kit. Not the best lens in the world but it did the job, considering I didn't use a tripod, I think it came out pretty good.

Moon1.jpg

Not bad considering you didn't use a tripod.  Had you did, it would have been easier to get the focus dialed in.

Next step is getting a tripod or (prop it up on something) and rapid fire a bunch of photos.  Feed them into a stacking software, and it'll really make the picture come to life.  Here's what I use for astro shots: http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

• Like 3

On 10/10/2022 at 07:53, spikey_richie said:

What settings (ISO, f stop etc...) did you use?

ISO 100

F/11

100 shutter 

use my car hood as a stabilizer since I didn’t have a tripod 😝 

On 10/10/2022 at 15:58, Astra.Xtreme said:

Not bad considering you didn't use a tripod.  Had you did, it would have been easier to get the focus dialed in.

Next step is getting a tripod or (prop it up on something) and rapid fire a bunch of photos.  Feed them into a stacking software, and it'll really make the picture come to life.  Here's what I use for astro shots: http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

I have a camera which does in-body focus stacking (flex)

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.048dcb89fd8b6a9cf6620f24040ab747.png

This is straight out of the camera, with a 150mm lens on a cropped sensor, so 300mm equivalent. This is also hand-held.

ƒ/5.6, 1/800, ISO@200 spot-metered with WB set to Sunny (because the light we see is reflected sun light)