My screen keeps turning itself on when Windows 10 is locked

On 04/12/2022 at 20:05, SnoopZ said:

Have you tried installing an older version of the Logitech software?

Yeah Setpoint, it doesn't even show the K800 keyboard to manage in it.

OK so it definitely seems to point at my KVM switch turning itself off to save power or something.

All of these devices are linked with the KVM switch, which is really annoying. I need to identify which USB the KVM is and disable power saving on that device.

image.png

On 04/12/2022 at 23:17, Snake89 said:

Also thanks for this, I will do this as well, because it happens to me from time to time without the KVM switch being connected.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2022 at 22:47, Steven P. said:

OK so it definitely seems to point at my KVM switch turning itself off to save power or something.

All of these devices are linked with the KVM switch, which is really annoying. I need to identify which USB the KVM is and disable power saving on that device.

image.png

Also thanks for this, I will do this as well, because it happens to me from time to time without the KVM switch being connected.

Try googling the product ID, for example c52b is the unified Logitech receiver.

https://devicehunt.com/view/type/usb/vendor/046D/device/C52B

On 04/12/2022 at 23:56, SnoopZ said:

Try googling the product ID, for example c52b is the unified Logitech receiver.

https://devicehunt.com/view/type/usb/vendor/046D/device/C52B

No you don't understand I think.

The unifier is connected to a KVM switch, and I think that is being powered saved, which is disconnecting all of the things plugged into it.

On 04/12/2022 at 23:27, Steven P. said:

No you don't understand I think.

The unifier is connected to a KVM switch, and I think that is being powered saved, which is disconnecting all of the things plugged into it.

Good luck I wouldn't know where to start, would be easier to buy new mouse and keyboard. Lol

On 05/12/2022 at 00:40, SnoopZ said:

Good luck I wouldn't know where to start, would be easier to buy new mouse and keyboard. Lol

image.png

The top line (above the device manager and properties window) is most likely the KVM switch, and power saving was enabled I have now disabled that.

It says it is a USB Hub and vendor is Super Top, sounds "Chinese Engrish" 😛 which is what the KVM switch is, $65 USD on AliExpress.

• Like 2

Strangely enough, my 14 year old desktop does this also, even on the power saving plan. I've been sporadically trying to troubleshoot it also, but with my full time job, it's hard to find the time, want, or energy to put too much effort into it. When I'm done with that machine, I just turn the dang power off and be done with it, especially because I mostly remote into it, anyway.

On 04/12/2022 at 19:22, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

Strangely enough, my 14 year old desktop does this also, even on the power saving plan. I've been sporadically trying to troubleshoot it also, but with my full time job, it's hard to find the time, want, or energy to put too much effort into it. When I'm done with that machine, I just turn the dang power off and be done with it, especially because I mostly remote into it, anyway.

Edit: I just turn the monitors power off. Was in a hurry when I posted.

On 05/12/2022 at 00:08, Steven P. said:

image.png

The top line (above the device manager and properties window) is most likely the KVM switch, and power saving was enabled I have now disabled that.

It says it is a USB Hub and vendor is Super Top, sounds "Chinese Engrish" 😛 which is what the KVM switch is, $65 USD on AliExpress.

Is it fixed now?