The Last of Us (HBO Max)

On 31/01/2023 at 18:22, jesseinsf said:

Arguing with you is useless. Yes, there is the mainstream and there is not the mainstream. But then there is hatred which is not welcomed.

You mean hatred you demonstrated? You really receive a reward of being hypocrite.

On 31/01/2023 at 17:18, OldGuru said:

You mean hatred you demonstrated? You really receive a reward of being hypocrite.

Look, there is hatred and then there is dislike. I don't hate you or the other guy. I do show hatred towards hate itself, but I can't hate you or the other guy as a person. You get my point. 

As for Dislike, It's ok to dislike. If the original guys said: "I didn't like episode 3 as I'm not into the "Gay" thing these days". That would not show hatred. Plus keep in mind that the TV show was Rated TV-MA (For mature Audiences). This means it is not for children.

On 31/01/2023 at 20:48, jesseinsf said:

Look, there is hatred and then there is dislike. I don't hate you or the other guy. I do show hatred towards hate itself, but I can't hate you or the other guy as a person. You get my point. 

As for Dislike, It's ok to dislike. If the original guys said: "I didn't like episode 3 as I'm not into the "Gay" thing these days". That would not show hatred. Plus keep in mind that the TV show was Rated TV-MA (For mature Audiences). This means it is not for children.

My forum account is new, but I've been on this site for years and you're wasting your time with both of them. They both like to instigate. If there's a lot of enjoyment for something here and nobody has hated on it yet, they always show up to hate on it. Every....single....time. Looking for the smallest thing they can manipulate into something it's not.

The ignorance shows in that they both clearly had no idea the material it's based on is over 10 years old now and was out long before the campaign of everything they despise being "woke trash"

On 31/01/2023 at 18:06, David B. said:

My forum account is new, but I've been on this site for years and you're wasting your time with both of them. They both like to instigate. If there's a lot of enjoyment for something here and nobody has hated on it yet, they always show up to hate on it. Every....single....time. Looking for the smallest thing they can manipulate into something it's not.

The ignorance shows in that they both clearly had no idea the material it's based on is over 10 years old now and was out long before the campaign of everything they despise being "woke trash"

Thanks for the insight on those two. Yes, the game is over 10 years old. Also, Bill and Frank are actually lovers in the game as the developers said. They just didn't focus as much on it. It also was a good idea that the TV show did focus an episode on the two because we really didn't know who they actually were and the truth behind them as the game only called them "Partners".

How is this topic only 2 pages? I was expecting to come into the thread with at least over 100 pages. I thought The Last of Us was so big back then.

On 01/02/2023 at 09:23, vf- said:

How is this topic only 2 pages? I was expecting to come into the thread with at least over 100 pages. I thought The Last of Us was so big back then.

I was surprised when I couldn't find a thread for the tv show, although it had been in development hell for a long time so I guess the initial interest had died off.

Anyway, episode 3 was awesome! I got a bit choked up towards the end. What a wonderfully told story.

• Like 2

On 17/01/2023 at 17:07, Zathras5 said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the first episode... felt a little early Walking Dead vibes.

I never played the games so interested to see where this goes.

When I saw the first episode and saw the granny sitting in the wheelchair turning/twitching of sort as the girl was facing away, then returned to normal, that made me so uneasy. I got flashbacks of that film with Paul Bettany, 2010 Legion.

• Like 3

On 01/02/2023 at 11:24, Steven P. said:

Yeah when I saw the premise for this show I thought to myself "well, that isn't even beyond the realms of reality" :unsure: 

It is no surprise. Fungi ruled this planet 2.4 billion years ago.

On 01/02/2023 at 11:24, Steven P. said:

Yeah when I saw the premise for this show I thought to myself "well, that isn't even beyond the realms of reality" :unsure: 

right, that's one of the reasons I love the game/show so much. It's a scarier scenario because it's not all that outside of the realm of actually being possible.

who knows what would actually happen if these fungi started adapting to human body temps. It's a much scarier, closer to home, thought than the radiation leak tropes and that.

I'm glad Neowin's ignore feature is still working.

Anyway, I'm quite impressed by the first 3 episodes. The change in tone for the third one was a welcomed surprise and I'm glad they already renewed it for a second season. Pedro Pascal doesn't miss.

• Like 2

I liked all 3 episodes a lot. Although, the 3rd episode felt somewhat slow at times. It had a different pacing than the previous 2. I guess I expected more action. But all in all, I was moved by the whole episode. Everything was tied up very well and I felt seriously emotional at the end. Really well done.

On 01/02/2023 at 17:53, OldGuru said:

It is no surprise. Fungi ruled this planet 2.4 billion years ago.

*Looks at the history books*

*Looks at current nation leaders*

Some might say fungi is still ruling this planet...

Anyway, I really don't get the fascination with such shows as this.  It's just yet another generic zombie apocalypse show based on yet another generic zombie apocalypse game.  The market is oversaturated with such dross and I really am sick and tired of it all... Can we have something different please?

On 04/02/2023 at 10:57, FloatingFatMan said:

Anyway, I really don't get the fascination with such shows as this.  It's just yet another generic zombie apocalypse show based on yet another generic zombie apocalypse game.  The market is oversaturated with such dross and I really am sick and tired of it all... Can we have something different please?

I agree that it's another post-apocalypse show, but I've found the storytelling of TLoU to be pretty incredible, both in the game and the episodes that are available so far. I would suggest giving it a go rather than disregarding it because it's "yet another generic zombie apocalypse show," but hey - to each their own.

• Like 3

On 04/02/2023 at 12:26, Nick H. said:

I agree that it's another post-apocalypse show, but I've found the storytelling of TLoU to be pretty incredible, both in the game and the episodes that are available so far. I would suggest giving it a go rather than disregarding it because it's "yet another generic zombie apocalypse show," but hey - to each their own.

I gave the game a go a few years ago, but after 3 or so hours I just found it tedious and played something more interesting...  Much the same with superhero movies TBH... Genre overload... I dunno... Maybe I'm just too much of an old fart nowadays? ;)

On 04/02/2023 at 07:07, d5aqoëp said:

I switched off the episode 3 the moment I realised I was not the target audience. Not seeing wouldn’t make much of a difference anyway. 

I’ll bite. What is the target audience?

Fantastic so far, the writing/acting/cast have been superb and you really are starting to see progress in the story. I never played the game so went in with an open mind, I`m sold...

For people saying it seems slow, that's more in tune with parts of the game where Joel and Ellie are traveling and she's trying to get Joel to open up or both are getting to know each other. Even in the game those parts aren't all that slow. You can't expect action every single episode when it's trying to be a more realistic approach to something like this. Keep in mind the whole point is he is trying to get her across the country and he's not wanting any attention on them because of her "condition". In reality if you were in a world like this would you want every day to be action filled? Draw attention to yourself or others? No

I enjoy the fact they are using the series to show some backstory into certain characters from the game. Especially with Tess, Bill and Frank. The first game had a lot more story that they left out and it looks like they're using the series to show some of that.

On 04/02/2023 at 09:07, d5aqoëp said:

I switched off the episode 3 the moment I realised I was not the target audience. Not seeing wouldn’t make much of a difference anyway. 

Just be honest and admit you saw two men kiss, got scared and are now assuming that homosexuals are the target audience.

That's the only thing about that episode that would make you say that.

• Like 3