I'm looking to upgrade my current Pixel 4a (5G)

I am currently using the 4a 5G and it is starting to show me signs of getting old (I've had it for 3 or 4 years) I am wanting to stay with the Pixel phones as they seem to me to be the best. I am looking at getting the 6a, they are selling for ~$350 or should I consider the 7 line? If anybody has any input on these phones please let me know, I recall that the 6 or 7's had an issue with overheating, I don't recall exactly which models it was, is that still an issue?

I have a 6a. It does get warm frequently. Never hot though.

Disclaimer: I'm use to the "flagship" pixel line.

The battery life is TERRIBLE on my 6a. I am down 10 percent in 30 minutes of just web browsing and tiktok, wireless android auto also constantly crashes on multiple head units. I get about 6 hours of battery life under heavy use. It's not a good 9-5 device.

Performance is good, never notice any slowness or stuttering in day-to-day use. Camera above average.

Fingerprint sensor could be better.

No wireless charging.

On 03/01/2023 at 11:09, shockz said:

I have a 6a. It does get warm frequently. Never hot though.

Disclaimer: I'm use to the "flagship" pixel line.

The battery life is TERRIBLE on my 6a. I am down 10 percent in 30 minutes of just web browsing and tiktok, wireless android auto also constantly crashes on multiple head units. I get about 6 hours of battery life under heavy use. It's not a good 9-5 device.

Performance is good, never notice any slowness or stuttering in day-to-day use. Camera above average.

Fingerprint sensor could be better.

No wireless charging.

Thanks for your insight. Would you advice me not to get the 6a? Or do the benefits outweigh the negatives?

On 03/01/2023 at 13:46, jnelsoninjax said:

Thanks for your insight. Would you advice me not to get the 6a? Or do the benefits outweigh the negatives?

I'd say the biggest issue for me was the battery life. But I'm told it's similar to older "A" devices, so if the battery life works for you on your 4a, you'd probably be fine to upgrade.

On 03/01/2023 at 13:54, shockz said:

I'd say the biggest issue for me was the battery life. But I'm told it's similar to older "A" devices, so if the battery life works for you on your 4a, you'd probably be fine to upgrade.

OK, thanks! My battery seems to last all day, so it is a risk I'm willing to take.