Slight tweak to Operating Systems category

• 1 month later...

Imma nit-pick, cause I can, Android should be a subcategory of Linux! 😛 

I like the subtle changes, didn't even notice them at first.  Now Programming and Web Design & Development, thats a category that needs to be merged :)  Or the development dropped from Web Design.

Can't say I've seen anyone here discuss Windows Server or Azure offerings, anything Enterprise for that matter...

Not exactly the target audience the site attracts.

On 04/07/2023 at 17:56, Matthew S. said:

Imma nit-pick, cause I can, Android should be a subcategory of Linux! 😛 

I like the subtle changes, didn't even notice them at first.  Now Programming and Web Design & Development, thats a category that needs to be merged :)  Or the development dropped from Web Design.

Actually, I recommended that a few years ago.. I was shot down.. Android isn't Linux! Or so they said..

Personally, I don't think platforms is the right word here.. If you had more categories, then yeah. But between MS, Apple, and Linux, there's really no need to call them platforms..

• Like 1

On 04/07/2023 at 22:35, Mindovermaster said:

Actually, I recommended that a few years ago.. I was shot down.. Android isn't Linux! Or so they said..

Personally, I don't think platforms is the right word here.. If you had more categories, then yeah. But between MS, Apple, and Linux, there's really no need to call them platforms..

Vendors would be a better fit.  Windows itself is a platform so :/

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 04:35, Mindovermaster said:

Actually, I think you'll find that I decided Android should remain a top level forum, that other thing you said did not come from me, and I am the one deciding these things.

On 05/07/2023 at 02:13, Steven P. said:

Actually, I think you'll find that I decided Android should remain a top level forum, that other thing you said did not come from me, and I am the one deciding these things.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯