R.I.P. Randy Meisner (Eagles Co-Founder)

I just booked tickets to one of their "Long Farewell" concerts in Denver. I know Randy didn't have anything to do with the band recently, just a timing coincidence. Check out their documentary (History of the Eagles) to see him in their early days. Hell of a voice and bass player, super talented guy.

Saw these guys in Georgia when in the Army in 1978. Was blown away watching the 2 drummers in the band. Couldn't believe with the way they looked like they were wailing away, that music sounded like it did. Also, what I remember about that show was that my girlfriend at the time, fell asleep on my shoulder!

R.I.P. Randy

On 28/07/2023 at 08:44, cork1958 said:

Saw these guys in Georgia when in the Army in 1978. Was blown away watching the 2 drummers in the band. Couldn't believe with the way they looked like they were wailing away, that music sounded like it did. Also, what I remember about that show was that my girlfriend at the time, fell asleep on my shoulder!

R.I.P. Randy

She fell asleep during that? Must be a heavy sleeper..

Yes, she did. Wasn't feeling to well at the time but wasn't going to miss concert. Luckily for her, she fell asleep right at the end almost. Woke up when crowd started clamoring for an encore.