American Indians want the redskins name back

This is what happens when you allow white sjws be offended on behalf of other races. 

https://katu.com/news/nation-world/native-american-group-threatens-boycott-similar-to-anheuser-busch-if-commanders-ignore-name-petition-washington-redskins-nfl-football-sports-news-updates-bud-light-busch

”Though the name change was done in an effort not to alienate Native American football fans, NAGA says the majority of Native Americans feel disrespected by the change.  “In terms of changing the name Redskins, the Native American community was never asked how they felt about it,” Baumgardner said. “Once again, we are met by closed doors and no open dialogue with the Commanders leadership or the executives.””

Reminds me of the Aunt Jemima episode, or Disney ditching the Dwarves in the upcoming Snow White. Companies need to quit listening to sjws, and actually ask the people affected. I don't watch American football, but I hope they re-instate the name. It'd be nice to see sanity win for once.

Remarkably little out there about NAGA ... their website doesn't even work (edit, works now).  Seems like they have a history of filing lawsuits, advocating for Native American sports mascots/symbols/nicknames ... but they are not formally endorsed by any federally recognized tribe.

Their petition is on Change.org so anyone can sign.

If the fans of the Washington Commanders care enough then they can speak with their wallet...who cares what some nonprofit "charity" (troll charity?) in North Dakota says?

Our local college was the Indians, our town was named after indians, it was a indian area, the local indians saw it as a thing of pride, one year some woman got hired and threw a hissy fit "on behalf of native americans" and got the college changed to something else...no one ever asked the local tribes or anything, they told the university they were for keeping it but the university to fend off his womans lawsuit decided to just change...

our local school is also the indians, they dont even use a mascot or anything, just a feather, and we're being sued by once again a group of non-indian's to change the name... 

On 08/08/2023 at 11:38, neufuse said:

Our local college was the Indians, our town was named after indians, it was a indian area, the local indians saw it as a thing of pride, one year some woman got hired and threw a hissy fit "on behalf of native americans" and got the college changed to something else...no one ever asked the local tribes or anything, they told the university they were for keeping it but the university to fend off his womans lawsuit decided to just change...

our local school is also the indians, they dont even use a mascot or anything, just a feather, and we're being sued by once again a group of non-indian's to change the name... 

Oof. Why does no one seem to do the sensible thing anymore... i.e. fire the person causing the problem in the first place. Or just not hire people like that woman to begin with...

It's Baseball. A sport that no one outside of the U.S. cares about; hence the irony of the "World" series. :laugh:

On the idea of changing a team's name...if no one asked for it, why did they bother doing it?

If those questions are answered in the article then I apologise. Katu's in-your-face cookie policy took waaay too long so I had to shut it down.

• Facepalm 1

I for one am terrified about the catastrophic impact a name change could have. This may take the world decades to recover from.

Ill keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

On 08/08/2023 at 15:13, Nick H. said:

It's Baseball. A sport that no one outside of the U.S. cares about; hence the irony of the "World" series. :laugh:

On the idea of changing a team's name...if no one asked for it, why did they bother doing it?

If those questions are answered in the article then I apologise. Katu's in-your-face cookie policy took waaay too long so I had to shut it down.

you're forgetting japans baseball obsession 🤪

• Like 1

On 08/08/2023 at 20:37, neufuse said:

And Cuba. I also think it’s funny that some people think this is such an unimportant issue that they changed the name to begin with. 

Baseball?  Baseball?!?  We're talking football here, guys.  Baseball is a whole different sport.  The Washington Redskins --> Washington Commanders is (are?) part of the NFL, a football league here in these United States.

Just setting the record straight.  😁

On 09/08/2023 at 02:37, neufuse said:

Oh, that's true!

On 09/08/2023 at 08:49, Ricku said:

Baseball?  Baseball?!?  We're talking football here, guys.  Baseball is a whole different sport.  The Washington Redskins --> Washington Commanders is (are?) part of the NFL, a football league here in these United States.

You're right, that's my mistake. For some reason I thought the redskins were a baseball team. And if I had taken an extra 2 seconds to just read the URL it even says, "nfl-football." My bad! :laugh:

On 09/08/2023 at 03:59, Nick H. said:

Oh, that's true!

You're right, that's my mistake. For some reason I thought the redskins were a baseball team. And if I had taken an extra 2 seconds to just read the URL it even says, "nfl-football." My bad! :laugh:

you're thinking of the red sox

On 09/08/2023 at 08:49, Ricku said:

Even less countries play your handball game... :p

On 09/08/2023 at 02:59, Nick H. said:

Maybe you are thinking of the baseball team in Cleveland that changed their name from the Indians to the Guardians.

On 09/08/2023 at 16:59, FloatingFatMan said:

Even less countries play your handball game... :p

Oh, rugby with with plastic suits!

Who am I kidding, the moment sports are mentioned I'm lost...

• Haha 3