Andoid 13 on Pixel 6a Trusted Devices (smart lock) suddenly missing

OK, under security settings there was an option to choose trusted devices that as long as they were connected, the phone would remain unlocked. But suddenly today within the last 2 hours it disappeared. This is not the only thing I noticed, my Galaxy watch was running Facer for watch faces, and now suddenly it is gone. I went to check the phone and it was locked, which was odd since I had my watch and hearing aid listed as trusted devices, but upon going to the smart lock settings, that option is simply gone. I have rebooted the phone and checked for updates (none). I am really wondering what just happened? Short of doing a factor reset, I have not been able to figure out how to restore this feature

So it appears to have been removed by Google without explanation, typical. This now makes it much harder for me to use my phone while I am out and about. Thanks Google

OK, someone on Reddit pointed me to another site, and this fixed the issue:

Something went wrong in the Settings Menu Cache during the update. All you have to do is clear the cache of your settings menu. Go to settings> apps> see all apps> settings app> storage > clear cache. Then reboot your phone.