Galaxy Watch5 Pro stops tracking sleep during the night and then resumes?

image.jpeg

Honestly losing my mind over this damn watch. 

Bought it second hand in "new" state, so after reading a lot of topics on reddit and other places, I have tried some things that haven't really helped so far.

• One suggestion was to wear the watch facing inward at night, so it has better contact with my skin and not the hairs of my wrist/lower arm
  • Another suggestion was to wear it tighter at night, so the sensors have better contact
  • Another suggestion was to clean the sensors with cleaning alcohol, did this
  • Another suggestion was to "reset" the device, did this
  • Another suggestion was to clear the cache partition in recovery, did this
  • I have DND set between 00:00 and 09:00
  • Sleep Mode's "set target" is for every day between 01:00 and 08:30 

The top image is accurate in that I fell asleep at around 1am and woke up at 7am. 

But wearing it differently actually only recorded, at most, 2 hours of not sleep time, but around 2 hours of the entire night in total.

Here's an example:

image.jpeg

The most accurate tracking is when I wear it like I would during the day, not inward, and not tighter.. but I am seeing a couple of hours when the tracking stops and then resumes.

Does anyone have any suggestions I can try to make it more accurate, which does not include buying a Galaxy fit/Apple Watch or other alternative?

• 2 months later...

After reading a bunch of topics about this, it appears Samsung Health is broken across all their Watches.

I returned the 5 and started using my (original SM-R800) Galaxy Watch again, because it tracked Sleep properly, but then I got the Samsung Health update on Tizen and it became as bad as what I experienced with the 5., Since then I have purchased the Watch6 Classic so I could get Google Wallet on my Watch and I guess I have to wait like everyone else until Samsung finally fixes it.

I tried wearing it on my ankle last night and it tracked just over 4 hours. I did get up to blow my nose, but I didn't check what time it was, it could have been 6:17 when it stopped tracking, but I suspect it was much earlier:

image.jpeg

Also, even though I set a schedule (01:00 - 09:00) I still have to manually enter sleep mode after 01:00 because I find that the watch has not entered Sleep mode by itself even 15 minutes after 1am. It's completely broken!

I also still had to disable sleep mode when I actually woke up today at 08:40 but tracking ended at 06:17 pfff