Anyone else have the Win11 Moment 4 update installed but none of the features are enabled/available?

Is this turned on in your Windows Update ....

Screenshot2023-10-06042512.jpg.2e9091968799bea3e5ba03831c1be943.jpg

If not, turn it on ... recheck for updates and a new update should appear.  Forgot the exact name...something like Windows Configuration Update.

If it was already On ... no idea.

On 06/10/2023 at 14:28, Jim K said:

Is this turned on in your Windows Update ....

Screenshot2023-10-06042512.jpg.2e9091968799bea3e5ba03831c1be943.jpg

If not, turn it on ... recheck for updates and a new update should appear.  Forgot the exact name...something like Windows Configuration Update or something like that.

If it was already On ... no idea.

yup....already turned on

On 06/10/2023 at 16:19, Mockingbird said:

Are you logged in with a Microsoft Account?

That doesn’t have any bearing on feature rollout. 

On 06/10/2023 at 17:01, adrynalyne said:

That doesn’t have any bearing on feature rollout. 

Some of the features are not available unless logged into a Microsoft Account.

On 06/10/2023 at 17:48, Mockingbird said:

Like what? Even the new Settings page still shows without it, it just wants you to sign in to see everything. You would still have a menu setting for CoPilot too.  Some features might require you to login to utilize them fully or at all, but that doesn’t make them disappear if not signed in. It just means they are limited, or non-functional. 

Edited by adrynalyne

On 06/10/2023 at 20:48, Mockingbird said:

Nah, I don't login and all the new features are here. You can now uninstall Cortona.

On 06/10/2023 at 18:18, adrynalyne said:

Like what? Even the new Settings page still shows without it, it just wants you to sign in to see everything. You would still have a menu setting for CoPilot too.  Some features might require you to login to utilize them fully or at all, but that doesn’t make them disappear if not signed in. It just means they are limited, or non-functional. 

The most inportant new feature is Copilot and it doesn't work at all without a Microsoft account.

Edited by Mockingbird

On 06/10/2023 at 22:37, Mockingbird said:

The most inportant new feature is Copilot and it doesn't work at all without a Microsoft account.

It also doesn’t disappear without one so if it’s not there, it’s not because of not being signed in….

On 06/10/2023 at 23:08, adrynalyne said:

It also doesn’t disappear without one so if it’s not there, it’s not because of not being signed in….

Yes, it does.

The only new feature my clients are interested in is the ability to ungroup taskbar icons. I updated 9 machines (all running the Pro flavor) and only one machine shows this option in the settings app. All machines are identical in terms of hardware, software, and general usage. (Standard small office PCs, using only a browser, Office, and a PDF editor).

Update history says that the update was applied successfully on all of these systems. Version number is the same on all machines. They all have the new Settings home page thing too.

Strange. Though I imagine things will get ironed out once 23h2 lands.

On 07/10/2023 at 06:54, Mockingbird said:

Yes, it does.

Prove it. 

Show me how it magically gets removed from the taskbar settings. Show me the app gets removed. 

On 07/10/2023 at 07:58, adrynalyne said:

Prove it. 

Show me how it magically gets removed from the taskbar settings. Show me the app gets removed. 

You are just being stupidly obnoxious.

I was going to take a screenshot from my work PC, but then I remembered that I am here to answer the OP's question and not to get into a useless argument with you.

On 07/10/2023 at 14:37, Mockingbird said:

You are just being stupidly obnoxious.

I was going to take a screenshot from my work PC, but then I remembered that I am here to answer the OP's question and not to get into a useless argument with you.

I’m not the one making false claims that have been refuted by no less than two people here. But keep thinking I am being “stupidly obnoxious”. Dont be so naive to think if you reply with BS that someone won’t correct you. If you want to help The OP, trying being honest. 

I don’t create echo chambers to make people happy. 

You didn’t post a screenshot because that’s not proof. Don’t play it off as anything else. It would require you showing Copilot in a video and then signing out and showing it is no longer an option on your machine. 

On 07/10/2023 at 14:41, adrynalyne said:

I’m not the one making false claims that have been refuted by no less than two people here. But keep thinking I am being “stupidly obnoxious”. Dont be so naive to think if you reply with BS that someone won’t correct you. If you want to help The OP, trying being honest. 

I don’t create echo chambers to make people happy. 

You didn’t post a screenshot because that’s not proof. Don’t play it off as anything else. It would require you showing Copilot in a video and then signing out and showing it is no longer an option on your machine. 

Do you really think that I would be stupid enough to lie about something that can be easily disproven?

You can now buzz off.

image.thumb.jpeg.6714ec32dcac2c40b0a083fb10729205.jpeg

On 07/10/2023 at 15:06, Mockingbird said:

Do you really think that I would be stupid enough to lie about something that can be easily disproven?

You can now buzz off.

image.thumb.jpeg.6714ec32dcac2c40b0a083fb10729205.jpeg

Read what I asked you to prove and then come back and tell me how this proves anything at all? Especially knowing CoPilot is a staggered roll out so you can get other Moment 4 features and not it?

Yes I do think you would be stupid enough to lie about that, especially since you have been corrected by more than just me and yet still want to try to “win”. I thought you were here for the OP and not argue with me? You weren’t honest there either. 

On 07/10/2023 at 15:09, adrynalyne said:

Read what I asked you to prove and then come back and tell me how this proves anything at all? Especially knowing CoPilot is a staggered roll out so you can get other Moment 4 features and not it?

Yes I do think you would be stupid enough to lie about that, especially since you have been corrected by more than just me and yet still want to try to “win”. I thought you were here for the OP and not argue with me? You weren’t honest there either. 

Wrong again.

Build 22631.2238 has Copilot enabled by default in the supported regions (not EU).

Anyway, I see that you are just trying to win the argument and I am wasting my time.

On 07/10/2023 at 15:21, Mockingbird said:

Wrong again.

Build 22631.2238 has Copilot enabled by default in the supported regions (not EU).

Anyway, I see that you are just trying to win the argument and I am wasting my time.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

Keep going, you are only upsetting yourself.  Thanks for confirming what I said. If you were trying to help out, you would have noticed the OP isn’t even in an area to receive  CoPilot yet. Instead you want to talk like you know something. 

Keep arguing. Keep showing your hypocrisy.  If you say you aren’t going to argue me, man up and don’t. 

Edited by adrynalyne

On 07/10/2023 at 15:48, adrynalyne said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

Keep going, you are only upsetting yourself.  Thanks for confirming what I said. If you were trying to help out, you would have noticed the OP isn’t even in an area to receive  CoPilot yet. Instead you want to talk like you know something. 

Copilot is not available in the EU because of government regulations.

Copilot has already rollout in North America, South America, Asia, and other European countries

On 07/10/2023 at 15:48, adrynalyne said:

Keep arguing. Keep showing your hypocrisy.  If you say you aren’t going to argue me, man up and don’t. 

You win.

I don't give a damn anymore.

Bye

On 07/10/2023 at 16:07, Mockingbird said:

Copilot is not available in the EU because of government regulations.

Copilot has already rollout in North America, South America, Asia, and other European countries

You win.

I don't give a damn anymore.

Bye

You will be back. 

Will you two ladies please stop, we have enough arguments in this world. Arguing over options c'mon man. 🙃

It's clear that MS is gradually rolling this out. I have 3 systems with the same hardware, the one that doesn't have drivers updated and used very little has just the new file explorer. Don't be upset, this new file explorer is a kick in the nuts, it's that bad.

Are you guys seeking the update or are you getting them regular win updates? Anyone install via .iso? My brother did it this morning and he had 0 issues. I'm thinking blocks are in place for systems that are NOT fully updated. Should be this version in image.

Greenshot.png

On 07/10/2023 at 17:22, Motoman26 said:

Will you two ladies please stop, we have enough arguments in this world. Arguing over options c'mon man. 🙃

It's clear that MS is gradually rolling this out. I have 3 systems with the same hardware, the one that doesn't have drivers updated and used very little has just the new file explorer. Don't be upset, this new file explorer is a kick in the nuts, it's that bad.

Are you guys seeking the update or are you getting them regular win updates? Anyone install via .iso? My brother did it this morning and he had 0 issues. I'm thinking blocks are in place for systems that are NOT fully updated. Should be this version in image.

Greenshot.png

You would have to ask the OP. I am on 23H2 and have all the options.