Anyone else have the Win11 Moment 4 update installed but none of the features are enabled/available?

On 07/10/2023 at 17:06, Mockingbird said:

Do you really think that I would be stupid enough to lie about something that can be easily disproven?

You can now buzz off.

Does Copilot in Win 11 require a Microsoft Account?  I'm logged in as a Local User ... and even though my Microsoft account is under Accounts it is set to "Apps need to ask me to use this account."  Copilot works just fine and never asked me to use the Microsoft account...which is why I'm asking. 

Screenshot2023-10-08050921.jpg.79a4ce615fb481669024a00032cc4510.jpg

Regardless, the feature update installs on Local Accounts like mine.

Which leads me to believe that the OPs issue might be the features haven't rolled out to his region.  It's the only thing I can think of...#1 the latest build and #2 "Get the latest updates as soon...." ON.  Maybe one could use ViVeTool to force enable the features in non rolled out regions?  (zero experience with that utility)

On 08/10/2023 at 04:00, Jim K said:

Does Copilot in Win 11 require a Microsoft Account?  I'm logged in as a Local User ... and even though my Microsoft account is under Accounts it is set to "Apps need to ask me to use this account."  Copilot works just fine and never asked me to use the Microsoft account...which is why I'm asking. 

Screenshot2023-10-08050921.jpg.79a4ce615fb481669024a00032cc4510.jpg

Regardless, the feature update installs on Local Accounts like mine.

Which leads me to believe that the OPs issue might be the features haven't rolled out to his region.  It's the only thing I can think of...#1 the latest build and #2 "Get the latest updates as soon...." ON.  Maybe one could use ViVeTool to force enable the features in non rolled out regions?  (zero experience with that utility)

I am guessing it depends on if moment 4 is still downloading the app in that region but not enabling it or if it’s pulled from the store. If it’s pulled from the store, vivetool may not help as (I assume) the store is probably different per-region. 

It’s worth a shot though. 

Even in the same house I have several devices that are all on the same build number with the same updates installed (Including the configuration update) and only 1 of them has the new features. So my assumption is that they are slowly rolling the features out because they are nearly all server side and dont want to crash things.

I also have the Moment 4 update but no new features.  I can understand if MS rolled out the update gradually but why do I have the update but no new features?  How would MS enable them?  Another update?

On 09/10/2023 at 05:10, Pork Chopper said:

I also have the Moment 4 update but no new features.  I can understand if MS rolled out the update gradually but why do I have the update but no new features?  How would MS enable them?  Another update?

It’s like Google Tag Manager. You can add it to a site and it not do much at all. Then later, add additional scripts and they run on the site even though no changes to the site were made. 

Same idea here. Windows is connected to the Internet and MS has a method where they can turn things on or off later without a code change to Windows. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 07/10/2023 at 15:06, Mockingbird said:

Do you really think that I would be stupid enough to lie about something that can be easily disproven?

You can now buzz off.

image.thumb.jpeg.6714ec32dcac2c40b0a083fb10729205.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-11-25 140758.png

I've done a little bit of playing around with clean installs of 23H2 recently, I've found that Copilot is immediately available but only after either Microsoft Edge and/or Webview2 is updated to the latest version. For some reason (at least on the English International localisation) Microsoft Edge and Webview are at 100 (From April 2022) out of the box.