It IS possible.. Galaxy Watch6 Classic (almost) 3 days before charging

The main things I disabled are WiFi (because who cares if data can be brought over via phone), NFC and AOD. I left the raise to wake gesture, but that feature kind of sucks. I disabled wake via bezel.

Heart rate tracking is left on continuous, location is on.. and all Health tracking features are enabled. So I am not turning everything off to achieve this.

I did have to reset my Watch6 to get this far, but I restored from backup.. before the reset I was having to charge every day on the same settings (having only around 20% left after 1 day).

image.jpeg

If I need to update a load of apps, what i do to speed that process up is disable bluetoot and enable WiFi. After the apps have updated I disable WiFi and enable Bluetooth.

All this is also in combination with the Sleep Cycle app for sleep tracking enabled. (I need to buy Premium).

• Like 2

It took a bit of conditioning, but I get just a smidge over 2 days out of my Galaxy Watch 3. I forgot to charge it the last two nights in a row and it just died maybe an hour or two ago (maybe 10am). So from 7am wednesday to 10 am today.

This is with constant heart rate monitoring and lift to wake enabled and pretty much everything else disabled (wifi, stress tracking, etc.). I just use it to count my steps, keep track of my heart rate, set timers, and see my phone notifications.

Part of me wants to go back to my Casio calculator watches, but they feel so small on my wrist now after having this for about two years.

On 19/01/2024 at 17:56, satukoro said:

It took a bit of conditioning, but I get just a smidge over 2 days out of my Galaxy Watch 3. I forgot to charge it the last two nights in a row and it just died maybe an hour or two ago (maybe 10am). So from 7am wednesday to 10 am today.

This is with constant heart rate monitoring and lift to wake enabled and pretty much everything else disabled (wifi, stress tracking, etc.). I just use it to count my steps, keep track of my heart rate, set timers, and see my phone notifications.

Part of me wants to go back to my Casio calculator watches, but they feel so small on my wrist now after having this for about two years.

Yeah it is really important to calibrate it by letting it go completely empty and then charging to 100% as well. When poor battery life starts developing, a factory reset and letting it die before charging to 100% usually corrects things. I managed to get more than 3 days out of the Galaxy Watch4, but for some reason it was leaving a red/dry rash mark on my arm from the sensors, so I sent it back. The GW4 Classic has the biggest battery of the whole series afaik, so you might want to consider doing a cheap upgrade to it. 

On 19/01/2024 at 13:55, Steven P. said:

Yeah it is really important to calibrate it by letting it go completely empty and then charging to 100% as well. When poor battery life starts developing, a factory reset and letting it die before charging to 100% usually corrects things. I managed to get more than 3 days out of the Galaxy Watch4, but for some reason it was leaving a red/dry rash mark on my arm from the sensors, so I sent it back. The GW4 Classic has the biggest battery of the whole series afaik, so you might want to consider doing a cheap upgrade to it. 

Now that you mention it I realized I no longer get a minor rash from my watch. When I had the original strap on mine I noticed I always had a bit of an irritated red mark under my watch.

The original strap I had was a smidge on the tight side (I'm a big person with big limbs at 6'5) so I ordered two replacement metal bands for it so I could combine them and have a comfy wrist. Looking down at my wrist now, there are no signs of irritation.

I could be interested in a cheap upgrade to the GW4/classic. Frankly I'm not really attached to the galaxy series of watches but I do really like the round screen. After the last software update my watch is much slower than it used to be. Sometimes I have to restart the watch and restart the wearable app on my phone in order for my step tracker to show the right number as sometimes it gets stuck on yesterday's numbers.

On 19/01/2024 at 20:29, satukoro said:

Now that you mention it I realized I no longer get a minor rash from my watch. When I had the original strap on mine I noticed I always had a bit of an irritated red mark under my watch.

I second this. I even ordered the new fabric band from Samsung, which fits on the 4 and 6 but this €15 fabric band that I picked up is far more comfortable and doesn't leave a rash. It is slightly thicker than the Samsung one, but I can't even tell it is on half the time.