Weird Ring Tone

I can't put my finger on wherethis ringtone is coming from. I looked through sound settings, and nothing was there. I even checked a few app notifications. It doesn't beep because the battery is low. I have almost 80% of battery life rn.

If I can help describe it:

It goes ring-ring (very short) then a voice comes up. I can't understand but they say something like la-la-la-la, (in that configuration) then it plays a little jingle, and it makes that noise like shutting down Win 98 (if you remember that) But it never shuts down.

Can you guys help me? because I'm getting annoyed of it. I want to turn it off somehow. :huh:

Edit: Oh, running Android 10. Phone brand on left.

I'm assuming that this is the NUU X6 Plus? Custom ROM?

Have you done anything special with it recently?

And I assume that it seems to go off at random intervals? There isn't anything specific that happens to cause it?

Is it a dual SIM phone? Have you checked the sounds for both SIM card slots?

On 18/02/2024 at 11:43, Nick H. said:

I'm assuming that this is the NUU X6 Plus? Custom ROM?

Have you done anything special with it recently?

And I assume that it seems to go off at random intervals? There isn't anything specific that happens to cause it?

Is it a dual SIM phone? Have you checked the sounds for both SIM card slots?

Nuu X6 Plus, yes. Default ROM that came with system.

No, I haven't. I think the last thing I loaded was a game on here. It is not loaded right now, so it wouldn't be the issue.

It goes off about every 10 minutes, maybe? I don't keep tract of it. I don't get any notifications. It just gives a quick beep when i get a text or message from messenger.

No, it's not dual SIM. So it wouldn't be any difference with one of em.

You mention that there is a voice as part of the notification sound...could it be something to do with the accessibility sound options?

On 18/02/2024 at 12:26, Nick H. said:

You mention that there is a voice as part of the notification sound...could it be something to do with the accessibility sound options?

I see nothing in there, sorry..

I just heard it again, I think the first word they say is "hiya"

Like "Hiya boss" maybe? IDK..

The only thing I can think to do at the moment would be to put the phone next to a recorder, and start recording until the sound happens again... :/

Yeah.. My dad used a recorder app on his simiar phone once. I'll ask him about that.

Did the game install a virus?

Swipe up from bottom on the home screen and hold, that will display all the apps that are running. Look for an app you don't recognize and may be causing it.

In addition there may be hidden background apps that you can see from the swipe down notification shade (this was moved into the running apps manager in later Android versions).

How to access it:

Although it shows Android 13, it is the same on Android 10.

On 18/02/2024 at 17:17, Steven P. said:

Swipe up from bottom on the home screen and hold, that will display all the apps that are running. Look for an app you don't recognize and may be causing it.

In addition there may be hidden background apps that you can see from the swipe down notification shade (this was moved into the running apps manager in later Android versions).

How to access it:

Although it shows Android 13, it is the same on Android 10.

Sadly, I don't see that in Android 10.. Could be a different version, too..

On 18/02/2024 at 16:46, primortal said:

Did the game install a virus?

Couldn't have. I know 100s of ppl who play it, and they never had a problem with it.

I don't want to say too soon, but I think I fixed it. I'll see if it perks up while im awake. Zzzzz..

On 19/02/2024 at 07:05, Mindovermaster said:

I don't want to say too soon, but I think I fixed it. I'll see if it perks up while im awake. Zzzzz..

Did you manage to figure it out? I'm intrigued. :laugh:

• Like 2

On 20/02/2024 at 04:52, Nick H. said:

Did you manage to figure it out? I'm intrigued. :laugh:

Sadly, no. I thought it was in the clock or alarm. But that didn't help any..

Enter developer mode (About android and 7 taps on build) then go into the developer section and take a look at running services.

On 20/02/2024 at 10:13, Warwagon said:

Enter developer mode (About android and 7 taps on build) then go into the developer section and take a look at running services.

I actually forgot about that. BUT looking at the running services, nothing seems out of order.. :huh: 

Should I do a factory reset or something? Have a few games on there, but I barely ever play them..