Enabling DCE

yeah I'm working on 4053 but the needed files are entirely different in it, and can't be ported from 4029 since it kills the sidebar

But it leaks, so forget it :devil:

yeah I'm working on 4053 but the needed files are entirely different in it, and can't be ported from 4029 since it kills the sidebar

It killed the sidebar in 4051 too so i don't see the difference :p

This may be miles off, but the call system is different in 4053, also the cool stuff is now in milrender.dll. It also has a different launch system, maybe it's just activated by calling it once. The other thing is no-one has mentioned the WmgExecute function, one of sbctl's exports, it might do somthing with the right arguments??

This may be miles off, but the call system is different in 4053, also the cool stuff is now in milrender.dll. It also has a different launch system, maybe it's just activated by calling it once. The other thing is no-one has mentioned the WmgExecute function, one of sbctl's exports, it might do somthing with the right arguments??

yes, I have also noticed that!

WmgExecute seems quite interesting, but I guess only Microsoft know the right arguments :crazy:

Michael

10x a lot! B) now i'm gonna test it on my 4029. tomorrow, i think, i'll install 4051 and test it there.

please post the results of your tests!

Michael

Edited by michaeltal

it seems there are few mistakes - ex. "Creat" - "Create" and other small mistakes, but because of them some of the functions can't start. also many of the functions in milcore.dll are missing [tried by replacing the original mil's with the included in the package]. and when i try to execute the mil.bat file, i only get "Error reporting" window for every runll32 call. so, i think it should work on #4051. if you can activate dce, i'd be glad to show us the results [screenies or something else].

Edited by fr1sk3y

@chris: b2 doesn't kill sidebar

and everything in milcore was mirrored in milrender before, now they're different, notice how the dce init script for 4051/4029 has the same commands for both milcore and milrender in general

AlphaAlien, nice to see you folded to the pressure caused by me leaking Beta1. I was beginning to think you'd never do the right thing and release what you had.

no he hasn't. i've search all the longhorn section but without a result

btw has anyone started the dce?

no, no luck here :(

@AlphaAlien: a screenshot or some vids would be great!!!

I might be getting blind, buit take a look at where the time is - doesnt it look a bit transparent??

Id say thats part of some kind of DCE effect - am I right??? just installed LH4053...betasirc..

Take a look and give me some opinions

post-83-1079455151.jpg

I might be getting blind, buit take a look at where the time is - doesnt it look a bit transparent??

Id say thats part of some kind of DCE effect - am I right??? just installed LH4053...betasirc..

Take a look and give me some opinions

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't see any transparency in this screenshot! :no:

Michael

take a closer look at where the time is :).

if you're refering to the vertical "stripe" of lighter color than the rest of the sys tray area then it's probably just buggy taskbar redraw. other than that i cannot really see anything "special" in the picture.

Well, I refer to the dark area in which the systray is placed, I'm pretty sure I see some transparency allowing to see some of the background, maybe its just me..oh well.

Yeah, I can see that as well; like a very, VERY light pattern overlay. Is that with DCE enabled, or not? I didn't really pay much attention to the taskbar when I installed 4053 last.