3D Files to close down

We have been informed today that 3DFILES.COM will be closed down. The current ad situation combined with the very expensive FTP costs makes it impossible for us to survive any longer. ZDNet has been kind enough to give us time to say good bye and even choose the day that we will close, September 14, our 4 Year Anniversary. Its been a hell of a ride since we started out doing this as just a hobby page and have grown to about 800,000 visitors per day. Those of you using the free email service, it should stay online for quite some time so don't fear. :)

We would first and foremost like to thank YOU for making us this big!! That said, we wanted to thank a few friends who we feel also had a hand: Billy Wilson and the gang at Voodoo Extreme.com, Blue and Frans at BluesNews.com, Walnut Creek CDROM (provided years of free FTP space) and of course the gang at GameSpot who we will never forget. There are many others, but it would take pages. Please visit our links section to visit some of our other friends. Ben can be visited at 3DCOOL.COM Inc. and I (Tim) have a few other projects in mind and will be heard from again :)

We will update this blurb over the coming days if anything else comes to mind and mainly to leave contact email addresses should anyone like to get ahold of us. Currently we are tim@3dfiles.com & ben@3dfiles.com. We have and are reading EACH and every email your sending but regret we cant respond to them all, so dont be offended by a lack of response. All I can say from what I have read is YOU GUYS ROCK!