chap-stik addict

i have to stop this. i have been a chap-stik user since the 5th grade (7 years)

i can't go an hour without applying some on my lips. and when i forget my lips dry up and get chapped.. and sometimes i would forget to put some on and i go an kiss a girl and they'll be like.. "damn your lips can cut somebody" they don't usually say it that harsh, but i've had a girl tell me that before. it's not bad to the extreme though. you couldn't tell my lips were chapped until you felt them.

i want to stop using chap-stik, i want my lips to be normal :(

any medications, suggestions. please!!!

I used to use some for awhile during the winters, got worse when I couldn't sleep without using some at night :s

That's is when I decided to toss it away and just not use it anymore, it was a tough week lol

damn whats wrong with a chapstick addiction? its the best stuff on earth!

Unless you are waking up at night for the sole purpose of reapplying then yea.

i get it real bad, i just keep it on even if i don't need it >.<

but its easy to stop, kick it behind you desk and you wont ever see it again, or at least that works for me and everything else i hate. :)

Just accept it. It's good for your lips so why not :D I can't live without my tub of M.A.C. lip conditioner. Besides, if you have chapped lips they can crack and bleed - not too attractive to the ladies (or guys) then :pinch:

just stop using it. it isn't a permanent physical addiction. your lips will go back to normal after a while. probably a week.

yep, its same with deconjestant nose sprays.. i used them everyday could not breath normaly. but after i stopped it went back to normal in a few days (while i had to breath only throgh my mouth)

just have to quit it cold turkey (mmmm... turkey)

Has the use of lip balm interfered with your job?

Do you use whatever lip balm you have almost continuously until the supply is exhausted?

Do you ever wish that you had never taken that first application or hit of lip balm?

Do you have an obsession to get lip balm when you don't have it?

Do you experience an anticipation high just knowing you are about to use lip balm?

Are you absorbed with the thought of getting coated even while interacting with a friend or loved one?

Do you use lip balm in your car, at work, in the bathroom, on airplanes, or other public places?

When under pressure, do you always use more heavily than usual?

Can you handle more lip balm now than when you first started using?

Are there certain occasions when you feel uncomfortable if lip balm is not available?

Can you apply lip balm with one hand?

unfortunately all of the above applies to me :(

i usually get the black chap-stick or the blue medicated one.. man i thought this stuff was supposed to help me, not get me addicted.

i can't stop thinking about it now.. it's been 3+ hours since i last applied it. i might apply it one last time before my history test tomorrow.