Running os X on a non apple PC

First,

this is my first post! :)

Now to the real business. i have a AMD 2200+ 512 ram (cosair) 100 gig HD (WD) and am wondering if Mac OS X will run on a not apple PC.

thanks 4 the help

blade

I wish it was possible to run OSX on an x86 but it seems like it's just a dream. Who knows, maybe one day it will be a reality though.

Welcome to the club ;)

Yeah -they have developed a x86 version of os X - im certain of it. Looking back @ the archive : https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=6887...main&highlight= - thats from 2002! Back to the point- i think they can, but unfortunatly we cant. It would ruin apples business model, in that they wouldnt be able to sell expensive hardware if people could just go buy an intel / standard pc.

Yeah -they have developed a x86 version of os X - im certain of it. Looking back @ the archive : https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=6887...main&highlight= - thats from 2002! Back to the point- i think they can, but unfortunatly we cant. It would ruin apples business model, in that they wouldnt be able to sell expensive hardware if people could just go buy an intel / standard pc.

Did you even READ the link that you posted? Nowhere there does it say that Apple had developed an x86 version of OS X.

First,

this is my first post! :)

Now to the real business. i have a AMD 2200+ 512 ram (cosair) 100 gig HD (WD) and am wondering if Mac OS X will run on a not apple PC.

thanks 4 the help

blade

not possible. period.

Did you even READ the link that you posted? Nowhere there does it say that Apple had developed an x86 version of OS X.

If they were going to be forced to switch to x86 don't you think that they would have the OS somewhat built? Since that's not official from Apple you could say no I guess, but I think they do have a version to at least play with.

You can run older MacOS's (pre X) using SimICS.

I see where SimICS can emulate the PowerPC platform, but I don't see anywhere that it says it can run MacOS. Care to offer some evidence of that?

hmmm we've always said it's been impossible before, because x86 doesn't have some instruction that RISC does or something, but now that there is AMD64, would it now be possible? It's a possibility that it is. :yes:

This idea has been debated plenty of times. It would be really easy for Apple to port OS X to x86, but that would kill Apple. They make the hardware and the software. If they made the operating system for Wintel machines, they would no longer sell hardware (or atleast not a lot). So drop it already.

If they were going to be forced to switch to x86 don't you think that they would have the OS somewhat built? Since that's not official from Apple you could say no I guess, but I think they do have a version to at least play with.

The entire article was simply speculation from some researcher long before the G5 was announced. Even the Inq doubted it had any merit!! I'm not saying that Apple doesn't have a version of OS X running on x86 hardware (they probably do, just as Microsoft probably has a version of Windows that would run on a Mac), but I don't think it will see the light of day anytime in the forseeable future.

lol and why would that happen? and do you think there's a copy of Windows that runs on Mac hardware, just in case?

The entire article was simply speculation from some researcher long before the G5 was announced. Even the Inq doubted it had any merit!! I'm not saying that Apple doesn't have a version of OS X running on x86 hardware (they probably do, just as Microsoft probably has a version of Windows that would run on a Mac), but I don't think it will see the light of day anytime in the forseeable future.

I agree