SpywareBlaster 3.0 Has Been Released!

New in this version:

-Restricted Sites Protection

-Mozilla/Firefox Protection

-A brand-new interface

-And many, many other new features and changes!

NEW UPDATING OPTIONS IN SPYWAREBLASTER 3.0

SpywareBlaster still offers the built-in Check for Updates feature. This feature is completely free and allows you to keep up-to-date by clicking on a button in the SpywareBlaster interface.

SpywareBlaster 3.0 now offers SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate - a brand-new updating solution. Just set it up, and AutoUpdate will check at every system boot for the latest updates and enable the newest protection (other options are available).

As much as we would like to provide auto-updating functionality for free, bandwidth costs are simply too great to make it feasible. AutoUpdate functionality is $9.95 (US) per year, which helps to cover the bandwidth costs. The Check for Updates function remains completely free, as does SpywareBlaster. You only need to pay if you wish to have the extra convenience of AutoUpdate.

Download the latest version here: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Enjoy!

Best regards,

-Javacool

better than ad-aware?

They're totally different and should be used in conjunction with eachother.

Spyware blaster Prevents you from getting what it has in its database, Ad-Aware Cleans what it has in it's database off your computer. Spyware Blaster is a preventive measure against spyware while Ad-Aware is a reactive measure.

SpywareBlaster is like Spybot S&D's immunize function, that's it's closets competitor. And I think you should use spybot as well because it can immunize you against a few things spyware blaster can't and, while spyware blaster mainly blocks activeX and cookie spyware Spybot can also block BHO's. So use them both together for the full maximum effect.

Ooo! It's much, much improved.

I wish AutoUpdate was free. Oh well, I will write my own AutoUpdate for SpywareBlaster, as I already know where the database files are and how to download them.

This is indeed a worthy cause to support....in addition to those 4 I also use spywareguard which is a real-time spyware detector...

pest patrol and spybot - scan and eliminate spyware on the pc

spyware blaster - sets kill bits in the registry preventing malicious/intrusive activex & cookies from loading

spywareguard - monitors for any spyware running/installed on pc