AOL: New Mozilla-based Netscape 7.x coming

mmm. 'Firescape Browser', 'Netscape 8 - Flaming Edition' lol

You know, that almost sounds...

...gay. :|

ANYWAY... I really hope AOL releases a new netscape. Having AIM integrated with the browser (among other features) is actually quite nice. It would be a shame to see a browser with real potential be let go like this, and the endorsement from a major corporation like AOL is exactly what Mozilla/Firefox needs. Maybe this would actually send a message to MS that it's time to do something about the aging IE. I mean, really... has IE seen any enhancements since the release of XP? I would venture to guess the answer is somewhere along the lines of: "nothing to write home about."

:pinch:

Maybe this would actually send a message to MS that it's time to do something about the aging IE. I mean, really... has IE seen any enhancements since the release of XP? I would venture to guess the answer is somewhere along the lines of: "nothing to write home about."

:pinch:

yes. a dl manager adn a popup blocker. sp2 is readily available and pretty stable.

yes. a dl manager adn a popup blocker. sp2 is readily available and pretty stable.

No the dl manager is only in longhorn so far. Yes the ie team has it but it hasnt made an appearance in xp sp2 yet. Only the popup blocker is avalibe. There is no download manager yet

What does Netscape have that Mozzila Doiesnt?

Integrated chat, Netscape Radio, etc.

Most people on Neowin would consider it bloatware, but there are noobs who will panic if their browser starts up faster than 10 seconds.

Integrated chat, Netscape Radio, etc.

Most people on Neowin would consider it bloatware, but there are noobs who will panic if their browser starts up faster than 10 seconds.

mozilla has jabber built in afaik =\

There's still a few plugins which seem to work better with netscape than mozilla. Why I dunno, but they're out there, they're all crapppy plugins though.

And I do agree that the Netscape name carries more weight than Mozilla to alot of PC savvyless users.

boy. ever since firefox came out. i wasn't sure how good it was. tried and uninstalled my netscape browser within mins. firefox is just better and lighter then netscape.

Well, either way its better than IE which comes with an operating system built in lol.

ROFL!! One of the stupidest yet funniest jokes I've heard today :laugh: :laugh:

You know, that almost sounds...

...gay. :|

..and that was a mature comment eh :rolleyes:

Anyway, Why not whack Gecko into the old Netscape 4 shell? That would be sweet.

hhmmm... nice way around the censor there bub.. (Y)

Yeah, whoa, how did he do that? ****! ****ing!

Anyway, Gecko in N4 would kick ass :D Anyone still have screenies of N4?

isnt mozilla,netscape based?and now they are gonna make a netscape based on mozilla?im so confused

It's the other way around. For a long time Netscape was Mozilla based (before Mozilla came out with their own browser).

• 2 weeks later...

i think they should try to integrate these IMs to mozilla firefox.

and does netscape has features that firefox have such as pop-up blocking??