[HS BB] High School Girl wins Slam Dunk Contest

As a fellow dunker thats a hell of an accomplishment it wasnt just a regular dunk she covered her eyes. Watch out for this girl in the future shell be crossing kobe soon. not too soon tho ;)

From reading that... no matter the talent of the guys that is some mean feat to accomplish... its hard enough to just do a lay up with a hand over ya eyes but a dunk... dayum... wish i could have seen that...

Wow...it looks like she barely got the ball in the rim from that picture. The other males couldn't dunk, so of course she won! :) j/k

First off, let me say this: this post is not meant to bash women or say they are physically inferior or anything, just my thoughts.

The dunk sucked. It isn't a hard dunk to do. I go to a 2A school in Texas (second lowest level... 1A is the smallest, 5A is the highest) and our basketball team got second place in state. I saw a crapload of better dunks than the dunk she did... and it was in the McDonald's High School All-Star game! If you would watch, you would know that she was easily out-dunked by the guys.

We have a guy here who's only about 6' and he can do a windmill, a blind-folded dunk, a off the back board, a 360, and numerous other dunks. I can promise you that there were better dunks there than that one. It wasn't anything amazing. Hell, I'm only 5'10" and I can dunk a volleyball (I'm not that good at jumping, lmao... I only have a 35.5" vert). Her dunk wasn't good.

But, it's still amazing that she did that. But it was a publicity stunt.

First off, let me say this: this post is not meant to bash women or say they are physically inferior or anything, just my thoughts.

The dunk sucked. It isn't a hard dunk to do. I go to a 2A school in Texas (second lowest level... 1A is the smallest, 5A is the highest) and our basketball team got second place in state. I saw a crapload of better dunks than the dunk she did... and it was in the McDonald's High School All-Star game! If you would watch, you would know that she was easily out-dunked by the guys.

We have a guy here who's only about 6' and he can do a windmill, a blind-folded dunk, a off the back board, a 360, and numerous other dunks. I can promise you that there were better dunks there than that one. It wasn't anything amazing. Hell, I'm only 5'10" and I can dunk a volleyball (I'm not that good at jumping, lmao... I only have a 35.5" vert). Her dunk wasn't good.

But, it's still amazing that she did that. But it was a publicity stunt.

theres only one female in the nba who can dunk. thats quite an accomplishment man.

Of course it was a publicity stunt - when was the last time a female even attempted to participate in a dunk contest? That alone should give merit. I put this up there with Spud Webb. His dunk at the time was 'normal' - a simple bounce, catch and throw it down backwards (how many times did Dominique do that?) But you have to recognize physical challenges, as well as heart and desire (something ALOT of the men basketball stars are lacking nowdays).

I've only seen 2 other women dunk in my lifetime - Charlotte Smith from North Carolina (she even wore #23 ;)) and Michelle Snow from Tennessee. Both did it in games, which is even tougher. Good for her, in many more ways than one.

DeShawn Stevenson is from my hometown - Fresno. I saw him do some pretty sick stuff as well.

All I can say is that the dunk was a bit weak if you compare it to men, which it was in that showing. For a woman, yes, she can dunk; thats a feat. Nothing unordinary though.

damn .. the guys were powned by a girl

what are you 10 years old?

She got a dunk off and did it well enough to win. That's all that matters. Why de-merit her? I'd like ot see half of you go out there and not only dunk like that but also get drafted by a major college basketball program.

All I can say is that the dunk was a bit weak if you compare it to men, which it was in that showing. For a woman, yes, she can dunk; thats a feat. Nothing unordinary though.

Exactly my opinion... that she can dunk like that is amazing, no doubt about it. But a guy dunking like that isn't amazing at all. And the dunks performed by everyone else easily out-did her's. It was a publicity stunt. A rather obvious one.

theres only one female in the nba who can dunk. thats quite an accomplishment man.

WNBA who's done it in a game, you mean. There are others in the WNBA who can dunk (albiet not very well). And, I never AT ALL said it wasn't an accomplishment. But the fact of the matter is her dunk wasn't better than the guy's there. It was meant to get publicity, and it did.

I saw the dunk tonight. It was weak. And the won she won it with with her eyes covered...well they were covered while she jumped, not when she dunked it. She didnt deserve to win

Now I do think its an amazing feat because most women can't dunk (dont give me the sexist bs, cause they CANT). However, the judges should be fair and given it to the best dunker, not the girl that dunked...

some of you guys sound like you're scared of a woman doing something better than a man :p :whistle:

Not at all. I would love to see a girl outdunk guys. It'd make it even better: it takes much more strength for a girl to do that. Am I being sexist? No, it's just a fact. A girl's muscles aren't built like that of a guy's, so it would take much more effort. Girls are much more flexible, however.

But, that's all besides the point. The point was the dunk was crappy compared to the other deserving contestants. Was it horrible? No. But the others put it to shame. I think you're afraid to admit it was a publicity stunt.

Personally, I don't think you even saw the dunk if you're making that statement.

dude, if you think she won for any reason other than her being a girl, you need to wake up. i'm not even sexist, but it was weak.