[HS BB] High School Girl wins Slam Dunk Contest

dude, if you think she won for any reason other than her being a girl, you need to wake up. i'm not even sexist, but it was weak.

it really was.. she only covered her eyes for a split second.. she was already running and she opened them before she dunked.. (N)

haha i love it

Hey, I don't want to sound as intolerant as Vijay Singh. But this is different than Annika Sorenstam visiting the PGA Tour. Sorenstam has the necessary skill to compete with the men on the PGA Tour. Parker has almost none of the skills it takes to compete with boys her age in a dunk contest. I'd rather see Parker compete in the men's game than the dunk contest. She'd have a better chance competing in a game than a dunk contest.

Seriously, Parker dunked as well as an old Larry Bird -- when he had a bad back.

As others have said, I have nothing against women dunking. In fact, more power to them if they can. There actually was a girl in the competition last year but she missed all 3 of her dunks because her hands weren't big enough to palm the ball and it kept slipping out before the rim. Candace actually went to HS in the suburbs near me so she's gotten pretty decent coverage in the papers here. Now on to the dunk contest.

The dunk wasn't all that spectacular when you consider that any of the guys could do it. However, I don't think she got extra points for being a girl. And I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this was not a publicity stunt. The reason for the contest is to rate the dunks that the players MAKE!! Candace made all three of her dunks, sure they were nothing special but she made them and got points. The guys that I saw missed their dunks, and a missed dunk counts as a 0. If you think about it, the most you can get on a dunk was 90. So one missed dunk means the most you can get for the round is 180. Someone would only have to make three 60 point dunks to tie. Candace made all three and they were decent enough for her to average about 80 points each. The guys were going for the WOW factor and couldn't finish them, that's their fault.

wow. i am 6'4 and am very athletic and i can barely dunk on a good day with the wind blowing upwards and the goal lowered to 9 ft and jumping off a trampoline. congrats alien girl :alien:

is this real?? or am i dreaming?? someone pinch me! :blink: -- brb gotta pee :blush:

:hug_guy: :hug_girl: