quicktime problem

Ok... here it goes....I've been converting and uncompressed AVI movie (a 3D animation that I made) to quicktime using Sorenson Squeeze 3.5.

My problem is that the colors appear darker in the compressed quicktime movie than in the original AVI... I don't want perfection... but still the colors in general are not to bad but parts of the movie that show bright white now seems to project a very ligh grayish shade... in other words it's not pure white like in the original movie...

is this some kind of known issue when compressing to quicktime???

I've tried to play with the constrast, brightness setting in squeeze but that doesn't help.

also if you hit Ctrl+k in quicktime Pro you have this color adjustment panel... I putted one notch more in the color section... perfect! works! perfect white! it even saves the setting in the quicktime for you if you want!... but now my movie is slower and seems to suffer from drop frames with these setting :( ...and plz... not it's not my computer... I tried the compressed movie on a G5 at school and here I have a P4 3GhZ, 1gig RAM and an ATI 9800XT.... so it's NOT the hardware that makes the movie drop frames... :o

So... anyone know how to make a quicktime lighter in Squeeze (or Cleaner for that matter but I had the same result in this soft)

THANKS in advance :p